Add Google Calendar & iCal link from event's single page view to RSVP email

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add Google Calendar & iCal link from event's single page view to RSVP email

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcos Keaney
    Participant

This is a re-activation of a previous Topic with additional comment at the bottom
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-calendar-ical-of-event-to-rsvp-email

Hi,
    My client is looking to add the Google Calendar and iCal links into the RSVP email once attendees submit RSVP on the event page. Currently, the two links are only available on the event page itself but need them appearing on the
    At the moment I’ve added the Google Calendar link using the below code but for iCal I’m having to add the code everything an event is created from the iCal button within the event page itself (see below also).

Google Calendar in RSVP Email (Just text link. You are welcome to use this code for new plugin updates if it helps solve the problem I’m having?):

post_title; ?>&dates=ID, false, “Y”); ?>ID, false, “m”); ?>ID, false, “d”); ?>TID, false, “H”); ?>ID, false, “i”); ?>00/ID, false, “Y”); ?>ID, false, “m”); ?>ID, false, “d”); ?>TID, false, “H”); ?>ID, false, “i”); ?>00
    &location=&ctz=Europe%2FDublin”>Add to Google Calendar

iCal in RSVP Email (Just text link)

“Add to iCal”

Any help on the iCal much appreciated. Have tried number of things but can’t get it to work.
    Removing the name of the event and all active events are exported to iCal. Need the option to export the iCal of the specific RSVP’d event via the confirmation/ticket email.

I only saw today that you had replied and completely missed my chance to continue the thread. It’s now closed so my only option was to re-open this new Topic. Below is a link to your reply and you are correct in thinking this. I do need the the links to Google Calendar and iCal to be added to ticket emails — the same links from each event’s single page view.

As per above I’ve managed to add the Google calendar link but need the same for the iCal link within the email which attendees receive. Once multiple events are live I can no longer use the iCal option as it’s just the link to one specific event I can add to the email notification source folder

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-calendar-ical-of-event-to-rsvp-email/#dl_post-1399066

Thanks
    Marcos

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Marcos,

Thanks for reaching out! That’s a superb question.

Sorry about the thread closing and no worries about opening a new one. Thanks for linking in the old.

What you want should be achievable. I will need to ask for a tiny bit of time on this. I got stared but need an extra set of eyes on it.

It will be a line something like this that you need to add to your functions.php file:

add_action( 'tribe_tickets_ticket_email_bottom', array( 'Tribe__Events__iCal', 'single_event_links' ) );

This doesn’t fully work yet. I’m checking so hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcos Keaney
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    Thanks for getting in touch and trying to get a fix for this! I’ll keep an eye on the thread for updates!
    Cheers
    Marcos

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Marcos,

A dev was kind enough to help me out with this. Here’s the snippet that should insert the buttons in the email.

https://gist.github.com/andrasguseo/038c4534762aa65a951bb6eb1e8b6ebf

To format the looks you will need to add css into the wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php file. For that I definitely recommend creating a template override of that file.

You can read more about template overrides in our Themer’s Guide.

Let me know how this works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Marcos Keaney
    Participant

Brilliant, Thanks a mill for this. I’ll let you know how it goes.
    Cheers
    Marcos

Marcos Keaney
    Participant

Hi András,
    I’ve added the snippet you have sent on and I’ve followed the instructions on the “Themer’s Guide” but it’s not showing up in the email with the two links (Google Calendar & iCal). I’ve tried creating the overriding template in the child theme and the parent theme main.
    My process:
    Create directory called: ‘tribe-events’
    Create sub-directory: tribe-events/tickets
    Add email.php file along with snippet you provided at the bottom

Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks
    Marcos

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Marcos,

You are doing everything right with the template override.

The snippet you will need to copy into your theme’s (child theme’s) functions.php file and not into the template override. I’m sorry, I left out this information before.

If you don’t do any other modifications to the email, only these buttons with the snippet, then you will not need the template override at all.

If however you want to style the buttons, then you do. You will need to do the styling with CSS somewhere around the top of the file.

Waiting to hear your results.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Google Calendar & iCal link from event's single page view to RSVP email’ is closed to new replies.