Add future recurring events to Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add future recurring events to Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    So originally I said I only wanted events that are recurring to show within 1 month. But I changed it to 6 months about 3 days ago, the bad part is… Now only the events that I have added after I made the change show up, up to 6 months in advanced, but the ones I showed prior to that only show up to 1 month still. Is there a way to update every recurring event so it shows up to 6 months as well?
    Thanks,
    Rob

Geoff

Hi Rob — nice to see you again!

Oh man, that can be a pain for sure. You are correct though that the change in settings only applies to events created after the change and that is by design.

I do think the only way around it is to recreate the events that were created before the change.

However, there may be a few workarounds here and, while I haven’t personally tested these, you might consider giving them a try:

• Clearing the transients on your site. Transients are little notes of information WordPress hangs onto when told to and it’s possible that the calendar is storing one for those events. There is a handy free plugin available for managing and clearing transients.
    • Changing the URL of the events. Changing the URL of a recurring event can have an effect of “refreshing” the information contained in them. It might be a stretch here, but certainly worth considering.
    • Exporting then reimporting the events. You could try exporting the events in a CSV spreadsheet file format then using the calendar’s built-in CSV importer to re-import the events.

Sorry for the bad news, but hopefully one of these workarounds will at least get the ball rolling.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,
    I think the transient process or the export import method sound better than the manual method.
    Do you have the third party plugin name for transients

also is there an article on how to properly export a ICS, convert it into a CSV, then import it?
    I want to make sure I don’t do it incorrectly.
    Thanks,
    Rob

Geoff

Hey Michael, thanks for following up!

Here’s the transient manager:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/transients-manager/

While I haven’t tried it, there is an online tool that will convert ICS to CSV. Otherwise, you can open the ICS file in a spreadsheet application (like Microsoft Excel), then do a Save As to CSV.

Once you’ve converted the file, I would recommend comparing it to the example files in this post to ensure the formatting is correct prior to import.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

Thanks!

Geoff

My pleasure! So glad that helps and I appreciate you following up to let me know. 🙂

Cheers and please feel free to let us know if any other questions pop up — we’d be happy to help.

Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add future recurring events to Calendar’ is closed to new replies.