Add fields to Organizer information

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add fields to Organizer information

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi

How do we add exstra fields to “Organizer information” such as:

Name
    Press
    Email

?

Geoff

Hi there, Lars!

Good question. The good news is that Name and Email are already included fields for Organizers. When adding a new Organizer, the Post Title is the name and Email is the email.

You can add additional fields to Organizers with some custom development, but I find it much easier to use a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields, which will allow you to create new fields and assign them to the tribe_organizer post type. You can create new fields, then customize the calendar templates to display them, where needed.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Lars! Just checking in to see you still need assistance on this one–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Hi,

It sounds quite complicated. This is what we need:

Under Organizer information:
    Name (Contact person)
    Press contact (Contact person)
    Email (Contact person)

Can’t we use the “Additional Fields” in The Events Calendar Settings for this?

Geoff

Hey Lars!

Yes, you can certainly use Additional Fields, though they attached to Events instead of Organizers. I’m afraid that my suggestion above is still your best bet since what you’re looking for is supported right out of the box.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and I’d be happy to help.

Geoff

Lars
    Participant

Okay, but why haven’t you made Additional Fields available for all areas? Events, Organizers, Venues, etc?

How do we add the fields once they are created in Advanced Custom Fields?

Geoff

Hi Lars,

I can certainly see how additional fields for Venues and Organizers would be useful. If you’re interested in having those considered, I’d suggest posting the idea to our UserVoice page where we monitor new feature requests.

Once you use Advanced Custom Fields for Venue and Organizer posts, you can add them directly to the template where you would like them to display on the front end. If you’re new to customizing templates, check out our Themer’s Guide, which walks through the process in great detail.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Lars! This thread’s been quiet for a while and it seems we covered the question as far as we could, so I’m going to go ahead and close it.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add fields to Organizer information’ is closed to new replies.