Add featured image thumbnail to event list widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add featured image thumbnail to event list widget

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anthony.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

The solution for how to do this is not fully answered in the knowledgebase doc Add thumbnails to upcoming events List Widget. This doc recommends Pro users edit the corresponding template (view) file – which I am assuming is single-event.php. However, no code or instructions is given on how to modify the file.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Anthony.
    Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

If were using the “Without Events Calendar PRO” option, you would add that snippet to the bottom of your theme’s functions.php file. If you’re choosing the “With Events Calendar PRO” option, you would create a template override for /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php and save as [your-theme]/tribe-events/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php for changes to take effect and to avoid losing customizations when updating. The code you’ll need can be found here: http://git.io/vWtyi

Refer to the Themer’s Guide for complete details. Let me know how it works out and have a good evening!

Anthony
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying. i didn’t realize that the default behavior for the widget event listing is to only show image thumbnails for featured events. However i wouldn’t call them thumbnails as they take up the whole width of the list. I’ll theme them down to thumbnail size and have them show on non-featured events.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Anthony.
    Hunter

Great – and thanks for the feedback. Unless you’ve got any more questions on the matter I’ll go ahead and close the thread out. Thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add featured image thumbnail to event list widget’ is closed to new replies.