Add events through Google Calendar or iCal?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Add events through Google Calendar or iCal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Phil

Is this possible? I have to add 100+ events per month and doing each one manually is becoming very tiresome. A solution would be huge. Thanks.

Rob

Hey there Phil. Thanks for the note, and my apologies for taking until now to get you a response…I’m the fellow who monitors this forum and I’ve been out on vacation the past week.

As it stands, you can export data from your site to be added to Google Calendar/iCal…but there is sadly no way to do the opposite. However, if you can find a way to get that events data into .csv format, we do have and are beta testing a CSV Importer plugin that sounds like it could accomplish what you’re going for. I would be more than happy to let you play around with that if you think it’d meet your needs. Let me know!

Quent
    Participant

I would love to test out the importer for csv events import.

Rob

Sure thing, Quent – happy to have you involved. Shoot us an email to pro /a/ tri.be and we’ll hook it up.

Nicole Bosman

I would be really interested in seeing an RSS importer that will grab feeds from other sites and give the administrator the ability to edit/submit/delete the events pushed from other feeds.

Rob

That is an awesome idea, Nicole. Hadn’t thought of that – have you seen such functionality elsewhere? Would be awesome to check it out if you were thinking of this based on something you’d seen…

John
    Participant

I’ll test it out to if you are looking for volunteers. It would make life a lot easier when inputting a large number of events.

Rob

I hear that, John 🙂 Shoot us an email (pro /a/ tri.be) and we’ll hook it up.

Derek Gomez

Is the data for Event Calendar Pro stored in a separate table(s) from WordPress? I’m wondering if I can map some event data from a different system to allow me to import events.

Rob

Hey Derek! Thanks for the note here. As to your issue…nope, there are no separate tables involved for Events.

Let us know if we can do anything else here or if you have other questions.

Nicole
    Participant

I haven’t actually seen this functionality for an event calendar anywhere, you would be the first. However, for those of us running large sites with local events, it would be SUPER amazing to have. Then we wouldn’t have to mess with entering everything in by hand. I’ve seen this function on database importing but not using a calendar.

Joyce Grace

Hello Nicole,
    This is a really good idea. Right now what I can do is set you up with our in-beta CSV importer if you like. Just shoot us an email at pro /a/ tri.be and we’ll hook you in.

islwebmaster
    Participant

Joyce can I get in on this? I think that would be awesome! I need this functinality as well, since our school uses google cal and I can export those as CSV’s to import into our Events Cal pro

Joyce Grace

Hello islwebmaster, sure, just give us a shout at [email protected] and we can send it to you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Add events through Google Calendar or iCal?’ is closed to new replies.