Add Event Form Cut off below Use Saved Venue

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add Event Form Cut off below Use Saved Venue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

http://www.newlife919.com/events/community/add

after upgrading to The Events Calendar: Community Events to Version 3.6.1 the submission form is cut off below Use Saved Venue and the theme is not picked up.

all was fine before the upgrade, The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO were also upgraded to Version 3.6.1 at this time,
    the theme settings are
    Tribe Events Styles and the Default Events Template, this has always been the setting. changing to different combinations make no difference.

no i have not disabled other plugins and no i have not tried the 2011 theme. it worked with the same theme and plugins before the upgrade and TEC were the only upgrades applied at this time.

Sean

Barry

Hmm, I can see what you mean – I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Is it possible you have some template overrides in place in relation to Community Events that may no longer be compatible with our most recent versions? If so, can you try temporarily removing them?

Since I’m unable to replicate this locally though I do suspect that if the problem isn’t with an outdated template override it is probably a conflict – so running through our standard troubleshooting steps (deactivating all other plugins except for The Events Calendar, Community Events and optionally Events Calendar PRO – all of which should be up-to-date – and reverting to a default, completely unmodified theme like Twenty Thirteen) is definitely the next logical step.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Sean
    Participant

no overrides.
    doing the “Standard trouble shooting” is a HUGE problem, i wont go into why but i would have to duplicate the site to do that.
    obviously there is a conflict, my experience has been i find the other plugin that conflicts i still end up stuck in the middle of its not us its them/they need to fix this or that from both sides. if you can point me to the file(s) that load the form i can take it from there and save my self a ton of back and forth.

what is loaded right after “Use Saved Venue”? i have searched the plugin files and can’t find that string in any file.

Sean

Barry

Hi Sean,

Sure – so if you want to start by taking a peek at the community/edit-event.php template (you might even experiment with it by setting up a template override) you can see it basically serves a role as a kind of “master template”. Individual form components are pulled in from there. If I were you, for example, I might start by doing this and commenting out or temporarily removing the following line:

<?php tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/venue' ); ?>

You should be able to follow the chain of events from there. I hope that helps 🙂

Sean
    Participant

ill check it out and report back. one thing i noticed is this happened before and i emailed pro@ with no response. an update came out and it started working. so i never followed up.

Sean
    Participant

something is very odd here, i can completely delete the contents of edit-event.php and i do not see any difference in the output.

Sean
    Participant

found the offending plugin, WordPress Importer… fortunately its not something we need but it is odd this causes an issue

WordPress Importer

if i deactivate it the form is fine.

Barry

That’s definitely odd.

Unfortunately it’s not something I can replicate locally: with WordPress Importer activated the Community Events submission form behaves as expected.

Perhaps it’s something of a red herring … unless you tested with all other plugins deactivated and only a default (and unmodified) theme enabled, I’d be reluctant to chalk this down to a conflict. I wonder if in fact it may be a memory issue?

In any case, it sounds like you have a working solution in the form of deactivating the WP Importer which is of course the important thing 🙂

Sean
    Participant

yes its working, ill put a little fishing line and some duct tape on the memory and hopefully that’l stop that stubborn memory leak!

thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Sean

Barry

Awesome 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Event Form Cut off below Use Saved Venue’ is closed to new replies.