Add event details to WooCommerce orders, new order email, customer receipt email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add event details to WooCommerce orders, new order email, customer receipt email

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Does anyone know how to add the Event details (event name, date and venue) to the WooCommerce > Orders > Order in Question? There is currently no way for me to know what Event my customer ordered from. We have loads of events – all of which have the same 6 ticket types (same product name), but take place at various venues and dates. All the order details show is the name of the ticket (product).

Second, I would love to add the Event details (event name, date and venue) to the email notifications we get with new order. We would also like to include the event details in the customer email receipt.

After selecting an event and adding a ticket, I am redirected to the cart page. The cart page also does not include any Event details in the cart. I understand Tickets is a completely different plugin than WooCommerce, but surely there must be a way to carry the event information through to checkout and display in the order details (and email notifications) after completing checkout. Anybody have a solution for this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a legitimate request. However, this will take some customization to WooCommerce to get working as you would like. Here is a good StackExchange question for adding columns to the WooCommerce admin tables http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23858236/how-to-add-remove-columns-in-woocommerce-admin-product-list. When adding, each product that is associated with an event will have the meta “_tribe_wooticket_for_event” which will be the ID for the event the ticket is associated with.

For the email, you’ll need to modify the ticket email template from the core events calendar plugin within your theme following the Themer’s Guide. You can use the same “_tribe_wooticket_for_event” which will be associated with the ticket products in the order as the base for getting the event name and information associated with the ticket.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Add event details to WooCommerce orders, new order email, customer receipt email’ is closed to new replies.