Add event as a post on home page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add event as a post on home page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I’ve searched the forums and tried finding ways to do this, but nothing I tried seemed to work, so I’ll ask here.

Is there any way to make an event show up as a post on the WordPress blog home page? I am using a custom theme, but I don’t need to do any custom styling to any of the events or calendars unless needed to get them to appear on the front page. If I missed this in the documentation or on the forum, I apologize. Please point me in the right direction.

Andrew

Rob

Hi there Andrew. Thanks for reaching out here, and for your purchase of the PRO release. We appreciate your support.

At this point there isn’t a setting to do this built into the plugin, but based on user demand when we first launched 2.0, you have the ability to make this work via a quick tutorial we put together. Check it out: https://theeventscalendar.com/show-your-events-in-the-main-post-loop/.

That help? Let me know if not and I’ll see what else we can offer up.

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks for the link to that. I tried it out, and it did not seem to make a difference. If it is working, will existing events be shown on the main page, or only new events?

I’m concerned that the custom theme we’re using (which I did not install, but inherited) is causing the problem. I’m not a WP expert, but if there was something I could check that the code in the tutorial depends on, I would be willing to dig into the code to see what I could do.

Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew
    Participant

Just to clarify….I think it is a modified version of the “Kubrick” theme. So, maybe it’s not as custom as I believed.

Rob

Hey Andrew. Thanks for the follow-up here. Sorry to hear the tutorial there didn’t do the trick in getting this squared away. The patch should apply to existing events, as well as new ones (but I’d try creating a new one to see if that appears even if the others didn’t – as it’s possible that aspect has broken).

How “modified” is the theme? If you are on or have a staging/test site, it would be awesome if you could try this same patch with the default 2011 theme activated (and no other plugins turned on besides The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.7). If it works there we’ll know this is a problem specific to theme or another plugin.

Let me know if you don’t think that’s doable and I’ll see what else I can offer up. Thanks for your patience so far.

Andrew
    Participant

Okay, it is a theme problem, not a plugin problem. 🙁

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Dang – sorry to hear about that, Andrew. Thanks for confirming as much here. If you’ve reached out to the dev behind that theme and they’ve noted some conflict with our code…let me know and I can pass that along to our devs, to try and integrate more smoothly in an upcoming release.

My apologies for the inconvenience, though. If you need anything else from us please let me know. Thanks again for your support so far.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Add event as a post on home page?’ is closed to new replies.