Add custom filter

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add custom filter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    toerismeovl
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any way to add a filter (I have Filter add-on) of a custom added field? Would be fantastic (Just so you know, i can copy/paste/delete, but i’m not a programmer..)

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

toerismeovl,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately, the plugin doesn’t currently support this, and there’s no easy way to do this customization without being adept at coding. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

toerismeovl
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

toerismeovl,
    Regarding your questions:

So it’s already technically possible, but it’s not yet added to the plugin? That’s a shame.

If you’re a proficient coder, then you could always modify the plugin to add additional filters as you’d like. You’d just want to keep in mind that any customizations you make to the plugin files directly will be overwritten when you update.

Is there anyone in your team that could help me to set it up or is this not possible?

Even though our support staff is limited, we will occasionally help users out with very minor customizations, especially when we feel that it will benefit other users who come along afterwards. With that being said, unfortunately this is a significantly large customization that we wouldn’t be able to help you with. If we hear from enough users on our UserVoice page that this would be a worthwhile feature, then we would always consider implementing it in a future release.

Last question: I would like to filter on the authors in frontend (Like in the backend) to see who submitted what in the calendar (now there are ‘organisors’ you can filter on, but they are not automatically linked to the submitted user itself). Is there a solution for this?

Organizers are different from ‘authors’, and are not linked in any way. The Organizer information is intended to help the user get in touch with whoever is organizing the event, and isn’t affiliated in any way with the user who submitted / created the event. You could definitely create an Organizer for each of your users, and manually assign that information for each event.

Hopefully my responses above get you pointed in the right direction, but let me know if you need further help. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add custom filter’ is closed to new replies.