Add Community Event form Pre Populated with existing event details

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add Community Event form Pre Populated with existing event details

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    outsidethecube
    Participant

For some reason the front facing form for allowing users to submit new events is automatically pre-populated with the content from a previously created event.
    Any ideas why?

Casey
    Participant

outsidethecube,
    Thanks for reaching out! I’m definitely seeing the issue you’re describing on your site. Try creating a new page and using the following shortcodes on the page:

[tribe_community_events_title] – as the page title
    [tribe_community_events] – as the page content

After creating that page, are you still seeing the same issue? Just let me know if you have further questions, and I’ll be glad to help. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

outsidethecube,
    Sorry, but I just realized that you have pretty permalinks enabled on your site, so this option won’t work for you. Can you try temporarily reverting to the default 2013 theme to see if this issue persists? I suspect that this is an issue with your theme, but just want to narrow it down a bit before troubleshooting further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

outsidethecube
    Participant

Hi Casey
    I enabled the Twenty Fourteen theme and it seemed to fix the issue. Any ideas what is happening in my theme that might be causing this?

Casey
    Participant

This is probably due to some custom queries that the theme might be using in page.php, but without looking at the code that’s just my best guess. You could try using the Default Events Template to see if that fixes your issue. Just go to ‘Events->Settings->Display’ and select ‘Default Events Template’ for the Events Template option.

If that doesn’t fix the issue, then I’d encourage you to reach out to your theme developer to see why that particular post is getting pulled in for the page template.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

outsidethecube
    Participant

Hi Casey

I am the theme developer. I removed everything from page.php other than just the basic loop and it’s still doing the same thing.

Here is my loop code:

<?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    <?php if ( function_exists(‘yoast_breadcrumb’) ) {
    yoast_breadcrumb(‘<p id=”breadCrumbs”>’,'</p>’);
    } ?>
    <article class=”post” id=”post-<?php the_ID(); ?>”>
    <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
    <div class=”entry”>
    <?php the_content(); ?>
    </div>
    </article>
    <?php endwhile; endif; ?>

outsidethecube
    Participant

Now that I look closer it doesn’t look like the submission form page at /events/community/add/ is using the page.php template.

Casey
    Participant

outsidethecube,
    The Community submission form will honor the settings you have chosen for the Events Template option. So, you might try changing that option to see if it resolves the issue you’re having with your theme. I would also try removing some of the Yoast code to see if that does the trick. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Community Event form Pre Populated with existing event details’ is closed to new replies.