Add checkbox to ticket?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add checkbox to ticket?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Hi, I have the checkbox showing up how I would like, below the tickets box, and now I am wondering if there is a way to save the information about which checkbox is checked to the meta of the event or the ticket when the user hits “add to cart”. Would that be possible?

I currently have the checkbox turned off until I can find a way to save it to the ticket being purchased.

George
    Participant

Hey @John,

Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately the changes you’re describing are, indeed, possible, but would require code customization. We don’t offer support for writing custom code, but in general you should be able to get started by heading into your plugin files for The Events Calendar and navigating to src/Tribe/Tickets there – you’ll across the various files in this folder how the tickets system works and how attendees information is generated, whereby you could add custom code to add your custom data to the Attendees info.

We also do have a plugin in active development to make this all a lot easier, and automatic. It’s still a ways off from public release, but just wanted to share that we are working on a way to improve this because, currently, it is far too difficult to add custom info like this.

Cheers!
    George

John
    Participant

Thank you George. I am working with the file you pointed me to already, I think I’ll be able to figure it out. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Great! Thanks for the update @John 🙂

Best of luck with your site,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add checkbox to ticket?’ is closed to new replies.