Add category to Events List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add category to Events List Widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

Hi again!

I use the Events List widget to display upcoming events on a multisite. iCal importer brings in 60+ subdomain feeds and adds a category to each event stream. Unfortunately, I can’t display the category on the home page, so folks don’t know what department of the college is having an event without clicking through to the actual event.

Is it possible for me to add category as an option into the widget code? I’ve attached a screenshot to help illustrate.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good evening Barnabas and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Is it possible for me to add category as an option into the widget code? I’ve attached a screenshot to help illustrate.

The short answer is yes. In fact you can make any change you wish.

To do that, you will need to use a template customization. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

That will allow you to “steal code” from other views and tweak the list widget to your liking.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

But I want you to do if for me! 🙂

Thanks, Geoff. I’ll read through the themer’s guide and figure this out.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Barnabas,

Thank you for writing back.

As you have figured out, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

On the plus side, we will gladly help you if you bump into questions as you are “learning how to fish” 🙂

Best of luck and have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add category to Events List Widget’ is closed to new replies.