Add calendar to Community Events submit form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Add calendar to Community Events submit form

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cruzio
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to add a calendar view to the Community Events submit form. I’m using the Events Calendar primarily to let users book meeting rooms in an office building, so the idea with adding the calendar is to let the user check to see which rooms are available before they fill out the form.

My ideas was to put the mini calendar onto the form by editing edit-event.php and adding:

<?php the_widget( ‘TribeEventsMiniCalendarWidget’); ?>

This largely works, except that the tribe-loading.gif always displays when the page loads (there’s an inline style=”display:inline”) present that goes away if I move to another month.

There’s also an issue where there may be many events booked, and when the page loads, first all events for that month are displayed. This list could be very long if there are say 30 or 50 events scheduled ahead.

Wondering if there’s a better approach to do this. I’d like to explore the possibility of displaying a week view on this page, but I don’t know if that is possible. Maybe the thing to do is to have an interstitial page where they can see the full calendar, and then move on to book the appointment.

Looking for ideas and suggestions. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

cruzio,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Manually adding the widget this way is quite difficult, and also requires making sure that the appropriate javascript files are loading on the page also. I would recommend checking out a third-party plugin called Event Rocket, which will allow you to add the widget to the page using a shortcode instead.

Keep in mind that we’re unable to provide support for this third-party plugin, but we’d be glad to help you with any other Community-specific questions you might have. So, just let me know if you have further questions, and I’d be glad to help out. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Add calendar to Community Events submit form’ is closed to new replies.