"Add" button not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events "Add" button not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mats
    Participant

Dear team,

Our “add” button to the calendar is not working, and our community can not add events.
    We have just recently paid and updated the licence key
    We have updated all plugins
    We have deactivated the plugin and started it again
    We have updated all other plugins and have the latest wordpress version.

We have a message in backend saying that it looks like we’re using the Event Aggregator but doesn’t have a valid licence key. We have not purchased this plugin and do not plan to either, but suspect this has something to do with things not working…

Please help!

Kind regards,
    Marte

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marte!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you troubleshoot it.

I am getting a blank page when I try to get into your community add form. Could you please confirm you are also experiencing the same, even when logged in? If you get any error messages, please share it with us.

Could you please also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Additionally, please try switching to a default theme like twenty seventeen and see if anything changes.

We suggest you setup a dev/staging site so you can make all these tests without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full <u>backup</u> of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marte!

Thanks for testing that out and for sending over the logs.

I can see several PHP Fatal errors (PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted) showing up that indicates there isn’t enough memory allocated to perform a few actions in your site.

As a starting point, I would suggest following the steps outlined in this WordPress article > https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP It walks through how to increase that memory limit.

If, however, that does not do the trick, I would recommend reaching out to your hosting provider and asking them for assistance in increasing the PHP memory limit. That should resolve the issue but, if for some reason it does not, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we can dig into this further.

Please let me know how that goes and if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Hi again Victor,
    Thanks so much for you help. The issue is still not fixed, but can you have a look at these comments below from the technical support? Apparently there’s a JS error… Hope you can help!

The PHP version of the website was set to 5.6 as I noted in my previous reply.

The website is up and running and the plugin functionality works as well.

If there is anything else that we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us back anytime by submitting a new ticket in the proper category!

Best Regards,

Vasko Mihaylov
    Senior Technical Support Team

Hello Mats,

The page loads exactly the same on my end: https://prnt.sc/hekvq1

I checked the requests the page makes and do not see any requests for styling files like CSS. See this screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/w30vF

I noticed in the error console that the site returns the following JS error:

Code:
    content.js:10 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘parentNode’ of undefined
    at content.js:10
    at content.js:11

I reviewed the error logs, but nothing is recorded about this issue.

Due to the nature of this issue, my best advice is to consult with the provider of this software. We would be happy to help further, yet our staff is focused on the hosting environment and associated services. We try our best to assist our customers as much as possible, as we understand the complications of seeking developer assistance a developer. Nevertheless, some issues are beyond our support scope and expertise and should be addressed by the respective software providers.

If there is anything further we can do to assist with this, please let us know.

Please feel free to submit new tickets if you run into any other issues or questions.

Sincerely,
    Mihail Kostov
    Senior Technical Support

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marte!

Thanks for trying that out and for coming back to us with that information.

I made a few tests again for your community add event page and I am now getting a different error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/wwwcontemporarya/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 0

This might be because you increased the memory but you are now reaching the max_execution_time limit set for your site.

I’m seeing a repetitive output of Event Categories: (required) (as seen here > https://prnt.sc/hekvq1) right before the Fatal Error, which indicates there is an infinit loop somewhere.

You previously mentioned that switching to a different theme seems to solve the issue, so this is mostly sure a conflict with your theme. I could verify that your theme is making some template overrides for our plugins. Specifically, for the /tribe-events/community/edit-event.php template and /tribe-events/community/modules/taxonomy.php templates, which I think could be causing the problem.

To confirm this, could you please rename the tribe-events folder located in your active theme’s directory (wp-content/themes/cassy/) to something else and see if the issue persists?

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Dear Victor,

thanks for this helpful advice! The renaming the folder made it work again!!

BUT

Then all my custom styles I made for the plugin dissapeared.
    So how to fix that!?

Warm and thankful regards,
    Marte

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marte!

Thanks for following up with this.

It’s good you could narrow down the problem to the template override. This indicates there is a problem with the customizations you made into those template.

Please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for this type of customization.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible. Could you please share with us a copy of your template overrides (in a private reply if you’d like) ? I will have a look at them and see if I can find the conflicting code.

Let me know about that.

Best,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Hi!

Attached are the style’s we wrote to overwrite the defalut.
    Hope you can help us figure this out 🙂 !

Mats

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mats!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve been away this last days and I couldn’t get my hands on this topic.

I would love to help you further with this but it might take me a few days to find the availability to make some tests with those template overrides and see what I can find.

I will keep you posted as soon as I have something for you to try.

I appreciate your patience while I work on this.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Mats!

I was about to make some tests with the files you sent but just realised those are scss styles.

Could you please let me know where you were placing those files in?

As a reference, let me point you to the following article that explains how you can add custom styles to The Events Calendar views > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/#customizing-styles

Let me know about it so I can further help you with this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Mats
    Participant

Hi Victor!

Any luck finding out something?

Mats

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Mats! Thanks for following up with this.

I’m not sure if you got my last reply. Could you please let me know about those styles I asked about? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘"Add" button not working’ is closed to new replies.