Add attendees per ticket! (source code inside)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add attendees per ticket! (source code inside)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob Widdick
    Participant

As it’s a popular request yet to be fulfilled by Modern Tribe, I have taken the liberty of helping out the fellow forum with some source code to help you “get by”. The only issue with this code is the “export” functionality — you won’t be able to export attendees since there are no actions being called in the plugins source code. This modification does not alter the plugins core files!

See: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22824303/woocommerce-get-quantity-of-specific-items-in-cart-on-checkout-page/31864150#31864150

This source was based off of an existing source (attributions in SO post).

If it helped you, please feel free to give it a useful (UP) vote!

George
    Participant

Hey Rob,

Thank you for sharing this with us and the community at large! Much appreciated.

Can you give some examples of use cases where this code you’ve written would be useful? In other words, can you elaborate on the exact extra features provided here?

Thank you!
    George

Rob Widdick
    Participant

Hi George,

In our case/implementation, we are only using WooCommerce for ticketing.

The issue here is that purchasers can purchase multiple tickets to the same event and date/time. This doesn’t give us any benefit as to knowing who’s attending for checking, as the tickets show up under the purchasers name. In our case, the purchaser may not always be the attendee. You can’t check-in Jon Doe 10 times.

What this custom code achieves is the ability to assign tickets to attendees. It’s important to note that this customization does not take into consideration the type of product at hand… as it iterates through all products and quantities… so it may not work for everyone.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the elaboration here Rob! And for the code itself. I’ll pass the code along to our development team – if it makes it into our codebase, rest assured you will get due credit and perhaps a coupon code for a free license or something as well. I can’t promise it will make it into the code, unfortunately, as I am mainly on the support side of things and don’t write much code for the products these days. But we take your contribution seriously and will review it closely.

Thanks a ton for writing this code, and just as importantly, for sharing it with the community!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Add attendees per ticket! (source code inside)’ is closed to new replies.