Add Attendee Telephone Number to Attendee List

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Add Attendee Telephone Number to Attendee List

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erika
    Participant

I need a list of attendees. No problem – I can do this via Events>>Attendees>>Print, but it currently only includes things like order status, ticket number, email, ticket type etc. What’s more important for me is attendees telephone numbers.

Is there a customisation of Tickets that I can carry out in order to pull attendees telephone number from the information they provide at checkout and onto the attendee list?

George
    Participant

Hey Erika!

We normally can’t provide support for customizations, but this is an interesting question and I’ve recalled a handful of other folks asking for something like this over recent months, so I wrote up a quick custom code snippet that should enable this – in a basic sense, at least – on your site.

Simply take the code in the following Gist and add it to your theme’s functions.php file → https://gist.github.com/ggwicz/03f78ab42eb828c75a21

This isn’t necessarily very pretty, and creating a whole other table column is quite an extensive thing to do, so this just adds the phone number beneath the email address, as shown in this screenshot → https://cloudup.com/c3FqS49Zyh2

But it works very well (the screenshot shows the same number for each attendee because I used the same number for each order in this test list, but it does work fine and show the correct number for each order!), and when you print the list, the number is there 🙂

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    George

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by George.
    Erika
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Erika,

Hm, that is quite a nasty functions.php file – there are a few things to be concerned about here.

First of all, not to be too obvious, but are all your customers indeed adding their phone numbers at checkout?

Next – what do you see when you add the code I shared? Does the “Phone:” label get added to the attendees list, and just no actual phone number displays? Or does nothing get displayed altogether?

Finally, for now – there’s a lot going on in your theme and there’s a lot of things that according to best practices really should not be in the functions.php file – so I’m curious if you’d be willing to do a theme test here. Basically, what this would mean is that you temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve on your site, and then once it’s active, try adding my original code to that theme’s functions.php file – this would be an incredibly helpful test to do, so if you can do it, you definitely should!

Let us know what you think, and if you can do the Theme Test above, let us know what you find!

Thanks for your patience,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Add Attendee Telephone Number to Attendee List’ is closed to new replies.