add an event text disclaimer and remove picture function

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events add an event text disclaimer and remove picture function

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cjswradio
    Participant

Hello!

I am no expert coder/programing, but I would like to effect the Add An Event page. I would like to write up a small disclaimer to go above, so that when people click add an event there is some info at the top of the page. Secondly i wanted to know if its possible to remove the capability of adding a photo for my add an event page, since we have over 4k events and that will eventually increase like crazy we are trying to keep the whole interface as clean as possible.

Thank you!

Also if there is ways to do this with out going through the sever backend that is preferred.

cjswradio
    Participant

bump

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Myke,

I would love to help you with this. What you want will require adding a new file and a couple folder to your website. If you are not connected to your site via FTP, then you might need to use the server backend to create these.

The first step is to familiarize yourself with our Themer’s Guide. From there create an override for this file:/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php Now you can edit the community add/edit page to your hearts content. To remove the image for instance, find this line and delete it or comment it out:

<?php tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/image' ); ?>

To add some text to the page, find the spot you want it in and insert it.

I realize this is probably more technical of a modification than you were hoping, but there is no easier way to perform it. If you have any questions along the way, just ask. We’re happy to help as best we can. That answer your questions so far?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘add an event text disclaimer and remove picture function’ is closed to new replies.