Add additional sections to single event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add additional sections to single event page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Greetings,

I have been using the Advanced Custom Fields plugin in order to create additional fields for the ‘Tribe Events’ posts, and have been able to get these fields to show up in the New Event creation page. However, now I’m try to figure out what page I need to edit in order to have these new fields display. I’m assuming I can create some if/else statement to have my new fields display; but I don’t know if they will display with the gray section boxes. Is it possible to create additional sections?

Thanks for any feedback

Here is an image of what I’m trying to achieve.

Geoff

Hi there, John! Welcome back to the forums.

Good question. You’ll want to create an override of the single-event.php template and modify it to include your ACF fields where you would like them to display.

To do that:

• Create a copy of the single-event.php file. It’s located at /plugins/the-events-calendar/views/single-event.php
    • Create a folder in your theme directory called tribe-events
    • Drop your copied single-event.php file in that folder

Now that the template is in your theme, you can modify it to suit your needs. In this case, here is ACF’s documentation for using custom fields: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/code-examples/

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, John! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Add additional sections to single event page’ is closed to new replies.