Add a ‘purchase tickets’ button to event-list-meta

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Add a ‘purchase tickets’ button to event-list-meta

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Meg Appleby
    Participant

I am using the eventbrite add-on to pull in all the events on a clients page and I want to add a BUY NOW button to the event in the Event List under all the event-list-meta info (it would take them to the single event page with the eventbrite ticketing widget – yes I know they can get there in other ways, but I need to make it really clear that people can purchase tickets on site) … How would I go about doing that?

Is it also possible to add a similar button into the Upcoming Events Sidebar widget under each event?

Cheers
    Meg

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Meg,

To get a buy now button in the list just make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/list.php and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme and make any changes you want within to add the button.

For the Event List widget you’ll want to modify /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/views/events-advanced-list-load-widget-display.php – again make a copy of this and place in the ‘events’ folder in your theme directory and make any changes you want.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    – Jonah

Meg Appleby
    Participant

Hi Jonah

Thanks for that. I am a bit of a novice at this – but I am guessing I would just insert my code at the bottom of the event-list-meta div, inside the tab .. right?
    Something like:

Book Now

I am just not sure what I need to add to make it link to the appropriate single event page with the eventbrite booking widget each time … would really appreciate any assistance!!

Thanks
    Meg

Meg Appleby
    Participant

aaaaarrrggghhh meant to show the html I figure I should use … this time …

(tr)
    (td class=”empty”)(/td)
    (td class=”tribe-events-book-now”)(a class=”tribe-events-button-book-now” href=””)Book Now(/a)(/td)
    (/tr)

Rob

Hey Meg. Should be able to get Jonah to take a look at this today.

Going forward, since the forums here have trouble displaying code…you may want to drop it into a pastie.org (or similar service) and share the link from there. We’ll hopefully be adding more meaningful code support here in the forums shortly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Meg,

Yep, if you wanted to have a link in the table in the event-list-meta div you would just do something like this: https://gist.github.com/2837925 – I just added another table row and table cells containing a label (which you can omit) and the button with the class you want to use. The link uses tribe_get_event_link() to get the event link.

Does that help?

– Jonah

Meg Appleby
    Participant

Thanks so much Jonah! That is just what I am looking for! You rock!!

Meg Appleby
    Participant

Oops … Jonah I have just added the code and uploaded the file … however, the link points to the Events List Page and not to the single event page with the Eventbrite ticketing stuff on it (you can see it in action at http://nzsa.bloomonline.co.nz/events/ )… how would I change that?

Thanks
    Meg

Rob

Hey Meg. I’ve asked Jonah to take another look at this in case he didn’t see your follow-up; but just a heads up that he’s currently on vacation so is responding to forums in a less timely fashion. He’ll be able to take a look at this sometime over the weekend but I cannot guarantee it’ll be today. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience so far.

Meg Appleby
    Participant

Hey Rob, I definitely can’t begrudge Jonah a vacation!! I have been totally impressed by the prompt, friendly and oh so fabulous support for this plugin so far … 🙂

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Meg, sorry about I forgot to echo tribe_get_event_link() – you can either just re-copy the gist code from the link above or add “echo” (with a space) before tribe_get_event_link() in the code. That should do it, sorry about that 🙂

– Jonah

Meg Appleby
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks so much … 🙂

Jonah
    Participant

Glad that worked Meg!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Add a ‘purchase tickets’ button to event-list-meta’ is closed to new replies.