Add a hyperlink to my "submit event" form

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Add a hyperlink to my "submit event" form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lynnette
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried adding a hyperlink to the custom message area on my submit an event form in the functions.php file and it led to the site crashing because of an error on that line. I got it back up, but I need to add the following bullet item to the list at the top on this page: https://visitportangeles.com/events/community/add

Can you help? Thanks!

Lynnette
    Participant

I don’t know if this went through our not so resubmitting.

Geoff B.

Good evening Lynette and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about your site crashing while trying to tweak the submit an event form.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Speaking of crashing, I think the code you tried to add this specific thread actually crashed it temporarily.
    I actually had to request that it gets deleted to be able to read the content of your message.

No harm done, but perhaps if you want to share the code you used, you could either put it in a .zip file, in gist or even in a screenshot so that I can get a better sense of what you are trying to accomplish.

By the way very sweet site you have!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Lynnette
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Lynette,

Thank you for writing back.

Based on that screenshot you sent me, I believe that the issue you have experienced is cause by the use of Single quotes in the code you are using to display the list. In fact if you pay careful attention, you will notice that the text changes colours between those two single quotes you have in your sentences.

The first thing I would recommend trying it, is to escape the single quotes by simply adding a backslash in front of them. See the following article on that topic: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2428572/how-to-escape-single-quote

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Add a hyperlink to my "submit event" form’ is closed to new replies.