Add a fee to a ticket

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Add a fee to a ticket

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik
    Participant

Hallo,

I am using wordpress 4.8.1 with Woocommerce and Event ticket plus.

I want to offer tickets for events, but I don’t know how I can add a presale-fee to a ticket!
    Important is that only the amount of the fee will be charged with tax – not the full ticket amount.

How can I do this?

Thanks!!

Hendrik
    Participant

Example:

Ticket 70 Euro (without tax)
    Fees 4 Euro (incl. tax)
    Total amount 74 Euro

How can I do this?

Thanks!!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you’re wanting to list the price as 74 Euro (displaying the ticket price and the fee+tax amounts separately), but if someone goes to buy the ticket, only charge them the fee+tax? If you can verify this (or clarify if this is not correct), I’ll be happy to see what I can recommend!

If you haven’t already, I would recommend taking a look at the options under WooCommerce > Settings > Tax to see if adjusting any of those will get you closer to the results you’re looking for.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hendrik
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your feedback.

I want to have the possibilty to add a fee (incl. tax) to a Ticket, but the fee should be shown as a line item in the shopping cart:

Ticket 70 Euro (no tax)
    Fees 4 Euro (incl. tax)
    Total amount 74 Euro

My first idea was to create a fee as a product, but I don’t know how I can add it to an other product.
    Do you know what I mean? 😉

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for clarifying! Tickets are essentially WooCommerce products, so that means you can do most of what you can do with regular products with tickets. One way to accomplish this would be to build the fee into the tax and set up a separate tax class for tickets. This article from WooCommerce has some good information on setting up taxes. Once you’ve set up your tax class, you can edit the ticket in WooCommerce and assign it that class.

Doing it this way will result in the ticket prices being displayed separately from the fee (tax) in the shopping cart.

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hendrik
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks again for your answer, but it’s not that what I am looking for.

The fees are a fix amount, not an amount like a tax, which is calculated by a percentage.

But maybe I have found a solution:
    Shipping costs!

WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping

There I have created a shipping zone with a shipping type “fees”
    After that I have created some shipping classes for several types of fees,
    e.g. “Festival Ticket Fees”, “Disco Ticket Fees”,…

Then I went back to “shipping zone” and selected “fees”
    Opened “Shipping fee” and renamed it to “presale fees”
    And added the amounts to “Festival Ticket fees” and “Disco Ticket fees”.
    It works!

I hope my description is clear enough… 😉

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Hendrik,

I’m glad you were able to find a solution! I was thinking you had one fee that you wanted to add across all tickets, but the shipping classes sound like a great way to add different fees to each ticket. Thanks for posting your solution here!

If there is anything else I can help you out with, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hendrik
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

It’s working now, but I have to change / replace the word “shipping” to “fees” in the shopping cart,
    also in the confirmation-mail to the customer (Delivery to Fees).
    Where can I do this?
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Hendrik,

To change the text in the cart, you might try out the Say What plugin, which allows you to change text around your site without having to use any code.

The confirmation email actually comes from WooCommerce, so you would need to edit that text within that plugin. This is a bit outside the scope of the support we are able to provide here in the forums, but I would recommend taking a look at the WooCommerce Documentation, as well as the email template file. You can find that by going into WooCommerce > Settings > Email > New Order. You’ll see the PHP template by clicking the “View template” button at the bottom of the page.

I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Add a fee to a ticket’ is closed to new replies.