Active blog menu issue with WooThemes Canvas theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Active blog menu issue with WooThemes Canvas theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sandie
    Participant

This problem – https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/active-blog-menu-issue-with-woothemes-canvas-theme/#post-58792 – first reported in August 2013 doesn\’t seem to have gone away, and the partial fix you supplied no longer works. Please advise how to resolve.

Sandie
    Participant

I should have said that the website I selected in your ticket form isn’t running the current versions of your plugins. I’m testing those locally, and seeing the same problem that is actually apparent on the Live website albeit with the old versions.

Barry

OK. What I’ll do is update the thread you referenced, however after we looked into this issue in more depth it turned out to be a feature or bug of WordPress itself and is indeed logged on their issue tracker – however has been marked wontfix (so we can’t bank on it being addressed).

With that in mind then it isn’t looking like a problem on our side and would really need to be solved on a case-by-case basis at this time.

Sandie
    Participant

Thanks for the rapid response so close to Christmas. I thought since Canvas is such a widely used theme, I’d document the resolution I’ve now found in case it helps others.

Essentially, the reported problem occurs with the Canvas theme if you have selected a Settings > Reading > Front page > Posts page. Set that field to the *select* option. Now in the Pages administration area select your blog page and in the Page Attributes section ensure that you have selected to use the *Blog* template.

Barry

Thanks for sharing!

(Sorry for the delay in noticing your post, a migration to new support tools unfortunately caused a few issues in detecting new replies.)

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Active blog menu issue with WooThemes Canvas theme’ is closed to new replies.