activating PRO makes the dashboard go blank, but only in Widgets area

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO activating PRO makes the dashboard go blank, but only in Widgets area

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lowtotheground
    Participant

I have isolated Events Calendar PRO as the culprit: everything looks fine except when I go to Appearance -> Widgets – there are no sidebars to popular, only available widgets. When I deactivate, everything looks fine. Thoughts?

Barry

Hi lowtotheground,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing a smoother-than-ideal situation here: can you confirm if it looks as if everything “stops” on that screen after the appearance of the Event Countdown widget?

Can you also tell me approximately how many events you have and (especially if you recently updated) if it looks as though some may be unwanted duplicates?

Thanks!

lowtotheground
    Participant

Why, yes! The Countdown widget is the last to appear, then blank.
    There are thousands and thousands of events – didn’t realize. I guess due to ‘recurring forever’? Although the dates are wonky – so yes, I suppose there are unwanted duplicates.

Lee Ann Walling
    Participant

Hello, I am having the same problem: Events Calendar Pro is wiping out my sidebars and footers in the widget area. What exactly are you suggesting as a solution? Thanks.

Barry

OK, so we’re investigating ways of making the countdown widget more tolerant of a large number of events: right now though you can workaround this by disabling that widget, as described here. It’s not ideal, especially if you wish to use the countdown widget, but it may form a practical and temporary solution.

There are thousands and thousands of events – didn’t realize. I guess due to ‘recurring forever’? Although the dates are wonky – so yes, I suppose there are unwanted duplicates.

Unfortunately it sounds like you’ve been hit by a bug that occurred for a number of users upon updating the plugins recently. The duplicates resulting from this bug could certainly have pushed the volume of events past the point that the countdown widget can deal with in the admin environment … but don’t despair! We do have a cleanup plugin to help with this. Please see:

https://theeventscalendar.com/release-events-calendar-pro-3-5-2-hotfix/

That blog post provides a download link and some basic instructions. Between that and the other technique of disabling the countdown widget (though hopefully you find that isn’t necessary after cleaning up the duplicates) you should get things up and running again.

Sorry again for the inconvenience and let me know if we can help further (kairosdesign hopefully this also helps you, but if not please do create a new thread of your own and one of the team will be happy to assist 🙂 ).

Lee Ann Walling
    Participant

This fix worked for me! Thanks.

lowtotheground
    Participant

Superb! Fixed. Thanks 🙂

Barry

Happy to help – and apologies once again for the inconvenience.

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘activating PRO makes the dashboard go blank, but only in Widgets area’ is closed to new replies.