Accidentally deleted wrong additional field

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Accidentally deleted wrong additional field

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James Lavine
    Participant

Hey there,

I accidentally deleted the wrong additional field. When a field is deleted, are all of the meta values deleted along with it?

If not, is there any way for me to create a new field with the same name and attach all of those meta values to the new one?

Thanks so much for your help!
    -James

Brook
    Participant

Howdy James,

Good question. I wasn’t sure myself until trying to recreate your steps. Good news, the data is not truly deleted.If you are decent with PHP My admin or MySQL then you will be able to recover it. Follow these steps:

1. Recreate your Additional Field via WP Admin.
    2. Find a post that you know had the data filled in with the previous field. Edit the post, and obtains its post ID form the URL.
    3. Do a MySQL query for that post. If your post ID is ‘201’, do this query: SELECT * FROM wp_postmeta WHERE post_id = 201
    4. One of the meta values returned will be the data you “lost”. The meta key will be something like ‘_ecp_custom_2’. Make a note of what it is.
    5. Now go to the wp_options table, and edit the option_name ‘tribe_events_calendar_options’. Inside you will find a serialized array with some_ecp_custom_#. Find the one that is the new number/field you created, and change it to the number you obtained in step 4. Save thid.

You should in theory see all of your old data now for that field! Does that all make sense? Did that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

James Lavine
    Participant

Thanks so much, Brook!

I did exactly that and it worked perfectly 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Excellent. Happy to be of assistance. Thanks for getting back!

– Brook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Accidentally deleted wrong additional field’ is closed to new replies.