ability to upload ticket numbers

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions ability to upload ticket numbers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Will

Hi

I love your events calendar plugin and use it on several sites. What my client needs is to upload a list of ticket numbers so that a unique ticket number is given to each person who buys a ticket. Can this be done with Event Tickets Plus?

Background: This is for selling access to online events where my client generates a list of access codes (ticket numbers) before the event and then wants to sell them – a bit like selling product keys.

I really want this to work with TEC as all other features are great and this would allow us to sell online events alongside real world events.

Will

…one way I thought of this is that each of these ticket numbers are like seat numbers. I need to specify these numbers when setting up the event.

I feel that TEC Tickets Plus is so close to doing this that I’m keen to see if anyone has any ideas before looking for another solution

Geoff

Hey Will, hope you’re having a great day!

It is indeed possible to import tickets with our CSV importer, which is a part of The Events Calendar.

In fact, here are the specific instructions for doing that. I will note that it requires all your other post types (events, venues, organizers, etc.) to be imported as well in order for the associations to be made.

I’ll also note that Event Tickets Plus actually does not have seat number assignments, though they do have a field for the SKU of a ticket, if needed.

Is this what you were looking for? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Will

Thanks for your reply Geoff.

After reading the documentation I don’t think this solves it for me.

I need to import a list of unique codes so that every time a ticket is sold a code is given to the customer (event attendee). The code is their unique ticket number which I can check off when they arrive at the event. I had hoped that with TEC Tickets I could upload my CSV of say, 100, codes and they would get issued one by one with each purchase (much like assigning custom seat or ticket numbers). The SKU field will not work as this does not change for each purchase.

Hopefully I’ve explained this well 🙂 If you have any suggestions of how to achieve this with your plugin please let me know.

Will

further… I see in your screenshots of the tickets plugin there is a ‘security code’ field that is unique for every ticket sale. If I can pre-upload a list of my own security codes then this looks like it would solve my issue. Possible?

Geoff

Hi Will,

Shoot, so sorry that won’t do the trick. I was really hoping it would.

I’m afraid that the CSV Importer is currently unable to import specific ticket orders along with the tickets themselves. The reason being that Event Tickets Plus actually delegates orders and the order management process to the ecommerce plugin being used with it. So, for example, if you are using WooCommerce as the ecommerce plugin, then it would contain all the unique order IDs and such that can be tied back to a specific ticket type.

There is a CSV importer for WooCommerce. Again, not sure if that is the plugin you are using for ecommerce, but that might be a good first place to start for getting the order information for tickets imported.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Will

Yes,thanks Geoff.

I am using Woocommerce. There is an extension that allows the sale of unique codes (like product keys) so I might have to go with that to create the product I want and then embed it into my event description.

It would be cool though if your event tickets plugin could issue ticket numbers (codes) from a predefined list. In my case I am running a webinar and have generated 100 entry tokens and want people to be able to buy them but there must be quite a few cases when event organisers want to have control of each ticket number.

I already use TEC for real world events so that’s why I’m looking to tie my paid webinars into TEC.

Anyways, thanks for looking at this.

Geoff

My pleasure, Will — thanks so much for following up and sorry I didn’t have a better workaround for you here. I can see how that would be a nice feature to have. In fact, if you have a moment, it would be awesome to add that to our feature request forum so it’s on our radar and other folks can support it as well.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please do feel free to let us know if any other questions come up and we’d be more than happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geofft

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘ability to upload ticket numbers’ is closed to new replies.