Ability to Print a list of Upcoming Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Ability to Print a list of Upcoming Events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jill Chongva

We are using The Events Calendar and considering upgrading to Pro. The client would like to know if there is a way to print off a list of upcoming events (with all their details) to hand out as physical copied to prospects at live events. Is that possible?

Leah

Hi Jill,

There is no print feature baked into either the core or the pro plugin, but you may be able to print successfully with a little experimentation. While the plugin doesn’t have any code in it specifically meant to ease with print view, in general – with most themes – you can find a view that works well under Events -> Settings, in the Template tab, and print that from there. If that doesn’t do the trick you could also always try to “Save to PDF” route and print that, which may be easier / more flexible than just printing the page directly.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here – basically if you’ve found the free (The Events Calendar) version has a view that prints well with your theme, the PRO release will share that behavior and will print as expected. If you have any other questions or if I can elaborate here please let me know. Thanks!

~Leah

Tim
    Participant

When are you going to adda print button to the calendar.. ??

Leah

Hey Tim,

As of right now, we have no specific plans to add this. I’m sorry I can’t be more specific.

Cheers,
    Leah

Lee

A print button wouldn’t work with the plugin.
    To define a print style it would need to be manually done to suit your specific theme.
    Print styles are pretty easy to do though, it’s just a case of defining what to show and what not to show for print in the css.
    If you send me a link to your site I can give you a hand with it … it’s pretty straight forward.

Lee

When I say specific to your theme, what you have to do is specify that a right, top or left nav, a footer, a header etc doesn’t get printed, all you want is the main container div, so in your css you would define that Header, footer, left nav … whatever they may be don’t get printer and since everyone’s theme’s will have varying elements like this with varying names, It’d be night on impossible to achieve a one fix suits all solution (unless Im missing something).

Tim Reed

Lee, what I did today was install the plugin ” Print Friendly and PDF ” which for now solved my issue to print just a specific post. I am kinda suprised that The Event Calendar doesn’t have a print button. Print Friendy was able to do it I cant’t understand why Modern Tribe can’t . Probably because i am not a computer coder and it is beyond mt paid grade.lol Thanx for the Help anyway..

Leah

Glad you found a plugin that will help you out, Tim.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Ability to Print a list of Upcoming Events’ is closed to new replies.