Abbreviation for States Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Abbreviation for States Not Working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    joffrey
    Participant

I have a very similar issue with this thread here : https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/states-listed-in-multiple-formats-based-on-import-but-not-on-database/

I have issues with CT and Connecticut both displaying in Filter Bar but showcasing different outputs.
    I’ve checked all of the venues and they all have full state names listed. Please advise.

I shall quote the same issue with previous thread:

Turns out, regardless of the source data used in import (where I strongly believe abbreviations were used here and there), after the import every edit screen (even for venues where their events depict abbreviations on the front end) has the same fully written out version.

Hi Joffrey,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the way that states are displaying on your site.  As a first step, please update all of your plugins to their most recent version.

Can you confirm that you have not entered state abbreviations for your events?  I am trying to replicate the issue on my end and want to ensure that I have similar conditions to your setup.  Please let me know if there’s anything else I should know.

Another thing that may interact with what appears in that area is Location Search.  If you have Location Search configured, it may pull state information from there.  You can read more about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/events-calendar-pro-location-search/

Please let me know how it goes, and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

joffrey
    Participant

Updating the theme files to the most current version didn’t help. Please advise on a fix.

joffrey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Joffrey,

Thanks for sending over those files.  Would you mind also providing me with your complete updated system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything before testing.

Also, using the query indicated in the following thread may help to clear out some of the duplicates.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-location-has-duplicate-autocomplete-entries/

Let me know if there’s anything else I need to know about the way the data is imported or any other conditions that I may be unaware of!

Thanks,

Jaime

joffrey
    Participant

Hi Jaime, I will look thru the other thread. I have enabled the system sharing. Please advise on a solution.

joffrey
    Participant

This reply is private.

joffrey
    Participant

The threads were private responses in terms of the fixes, so I am unsure how it can benefit me.

joffrey
    Participant

I found the abbreviations on wp_postmeta and adjusted and that did the fix for me. But how can we eliminate this in the future? Seems like it auto converted during csv import? And the files clearly shows all abbreviations edited. (unless I did a human error?) Thanks for looking into this.

Hi Joffrey,

Sorry about the private responses, but I’m glad you were able to find the fix yourself.  I’m not sure about completely eliminating this in the future with future imports, but it sounds like you know where to look should the issue arise again.

Please let me know if you have any other questions related to this issue!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Abbreviation for States Not Working’ is closed to new replies.