Abandoning Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Abandoning Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    baynature
    Participant

We’ve been having a lot of issues with Events Calendar Pro bringing down our entire site. Our host, WP Engine, helpfully moved our site to a more robust server to help us with the issue, but it still persists. Below is a sample entry in our error log. At this point, we’ve had to deactivate the plugin and if there is not a fix for this, we’d like a refund on our license.

Here’s a sample error:
    [Thu Jul 17 18:10:34 2014] [error] [client 157.55.39.83] LONG QUERY (1090 characters long generated in /nas/wp/www/cluster-1381/baynature2/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-event-query.class.php:851): SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS DISTINCT bay_nature_posts.*, bay_nature_postmeta.meta_value as EventStartDate, tribe_event_end_date.meta_value as EventEndDate FROM bay_nature_posts INNER JOIN bay_nature_term_relationships ON (bay_nature_posts.ID = bay_nature_term_relationships.object_id) INNER JOIN bay_nature_postmeta ON (bay_nature_posts.ID = bay_nature_postmeta.post_id) LEFT JOIN bay_nature_postmeta as tribe_event_end_date ON ( bay_nature_posts.ID = tribe_event_end_date.post_id AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_key = ‘_EventEndDate’ ) WHERE 1=1 AND bay_nature_posts.ID NOT IN (94325) AND ( bay_nature_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id IN (3219) ) AND bay_nature_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_events’ AND (bay_nature_posts.post_status = ‘publish’) AND (bay_nature_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_EventStartDate’ ) AND (bay_nature_postmeta.meta_value >= ‘2014-07-17 11:10:34’ OR (bay_nature_postmeta.meta_value <= ‘2014-07-17 11:10:34’ AND tribe_event_end_date.meta_value >= ‘2014-07-17 11:10:34’ )) ORDER BY DATE(bay_nature_postmeta.meta_value) ASC, TIME(bay_nature_postmeta.meta_value) ASC LIMIT 0, 3

Casey
    Participant

baynature,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you’re having trouble here, but hopefully I can help. This is a known issue with WP Engine, since they limit the length of SQL queries. Try adding the following to your wp-config.php file, which should hopefully disable that limit in WP Engine:

define( 'WPE_GOVERNOR', false );

Give that a shot and let me know if it resolves the issue. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Abandoning Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.