A Listing of all Event Categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO A Listing of all Event Categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Christoph
    Participant

Hey everybody, I am new to php and WordPress Coding. I did some research to fix my problem and also found a solution which did it for me half the way. If I have overseen any solution posted alreadysomewhere else, please forgive me. 😉 Anyways, here we go:

I’d like to modify the List View (list.php) in that way that it displays a Listing of all available Event Categories on top linked to a category listing. I found this code over at the WP Forum:

0 ){
    echo “”;
    foreach ( $terms as $term ) {
    echo “name.” ‘>” . $term->name . ““;

}
    echo “”;
    }

?>

It works but it has got a problem with putting the right links into action. For one Category (“Masterclass”) it links to this kind of link “myurl.com/events/category/Masterclass” which doesn’t exist in my installation because it was localized to Spain thus the right link would be “myurl.com/events/categoria/Masterclass”. How can I change the above code to use the right localization for “Category”?
    The second Category in the listing (“Workshop”) sends me to “myurl.com/2011/12/workshops” which is even more strange since this category is basically not existing since it is called “workshop” inside Events Calendar. It seems it has got something to do with the “newest Event” that was posted which resides also in this category… But I am not sure about this. It’s a guess.

Again, what I need is a simple template tag that provides a linked list to all available categories like it works with usual blogpost.

Thanks for you help in advance and greetings from rainy cold Berlin City.

Cheers

Christoph

Christoph
    Participant

Sorry, here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/9kmAMawZ

Rob

Hey Christoph! Thanks for the note here, and welcome to the forum. We’d be happy to try and assist you here. This one is beyond my area of expertise, but I’ve asked our developer Jonah to comment directly with any suggestions he may have. You can expect to hear from him today.

Rob

Just a heads up that I was incorrect in my messaging earlier; since the team is winding down the holidays, support will be taking a little longer than usual these next couple weeks. You’ll definitely have a response on this early next week though.

Christoph
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Rob! Looking forward to hear from you guys!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Christoph, try using this like you have (with a slight change to fix the category links so they work on any page): http://pastebin.com/uE2FyRzB

And editing out ‘category’ to be ‘categoria’ instead. That should work.

Regards,
    Jonah

Christoph
    Participant

Hey Jonah,

never found the time to reply. Thanks a lot for your code. It works now. It’s feels a little bit to handish for my taste but what works works .;)

Cheers from Berlin

Christoph

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Christoph, glad that worked!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘A Listing of all Event Categories’ is closed to new replies.