A list of pre-sales questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions A list of pre-sales questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dazed

Like most people we are looking for very specific software.

We need something were our users can login and post the events they are hosting.
    Users pay a fee to use the calendar feature. (the user fee is NOT handled by the site)
    Visitors are the people who visit the site, but don\’t login or post events. (However, they do need to be able to pay for events)

Does this plugin (or combination of plugins)
    1. Provide a login for users to post events and still allow us to approve their events.

2. Take payments under our name and not the users?
    (we handle the transactions for our users)

3. If there is a profile page for the users that would be great, but I can make that using a Page in WordPress. However I need to link the events of a specific user to their profile, is there a short code (or something) that I can put in the user profile page that will show only the events of that specific users?

4. I\’m assuming there is a Community Calendar visible to the public regardless of login?

5. If a visitor clicks on an event in the community calendar and wants to see more events by that user is there anything that links the event information to the users profile. Something that wouldn\’t need to be entered each time?

6. Using short code can I setup calendars for specific categories?
    In other words have a community calendar page, but also have calender pages that only shows events posted in the coffee tasting category.

7. Can our users download and/or printout attendee lists for specific events?

8. Can users email attendees from this plugin?

9. Does the software send automatic notifications to the attendees a day or two before the event? Or can it be set to do so?

10. What is the difference between a paying attendee and a ticket buyer?

11. With in the dashboard, we need users to ONLY be able to see and edit their own events which they have posted. We can\’t have users editing other users events.

Thank you

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Dazed,

Thanks for the follow-up. Admittedly, it does sound like what you’re going for is a pretty specific feature set and our plugins won’t accomplish a lot of this out of the box. Based on this list it looks like our Community Events plugin (https://theeventscalendar.com/shop/wordpress-community-events/) will handle allowing your users to submit front end events (#1) and view their own events on the backend (#11). But #2 and #3 would require additional customization. #4 is possible with the general The Events Calendar plugin, yes. But #s 5-9 are also not built in features at the moment.

To answer your question in #10: paying attendees and ticket buyers are ultimately the same thing.

And have you seen the New User Primer? (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/community-events-new-user-primer/) That might give you some information as well.

Hope that helps!

— Julie

Dazed

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I needed to know.

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi Dazed,

Glad to be able to help. Good luck with your project. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

— Julie

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘A list of pre-sales questions’ is closed to new replies.