A Few Problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator A Few Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen
    Participant

Problem #1: I am trying to make my tooltip clickable so that it takes people directly to the facebook page from which I am importing events.

Problem #2: My tooltip file is currently clickable now, and takes you to the event page inside events calendar, but the header disappears when you hover over it.

Problem #3: My pictures are no longer importing automatically from facebook. What gives?

Problem #4: I would like my pictures to show up in the squares inside month view above the title of the event. The images don’t have to be clickable, but I would like it if they were and could take you directly to the facebook event. So people can RSVP there.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for posting and I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced difficulties.

We do try hard to stick to one issue per forum topic however and I also want to note that while we’ll always do our best to point you in the right direction, the level of support we can provide for customizations does tend to be limited.

Problem #3: My pictures are no longer importing automatically from facebook. What gives?

I want to start with this issue because it is a known bug. We’ll do our best to get a fix in place as quickly as we can, as this is impacting quite a few users. I’ll attach this forum topic to the bug report and one of the team will drop an update in here once it is resolved (or if there is other news to share).

Problem #2: My tooltip file is currently clickable now, and takes you to the event page inside events calendar, but the header disappears when you hover over it.

The source of this problem appears to be some CSS from your theme, Avada:

.event-is-recurring:hover, .tooltip-shortcode, a:hover {
        color: #9e9e9e;
    }

The colour it sets links to, upon mouse over, is the very same grey as the background of the tooltip headers.

There are of course a few ways we could tackle this – one solution though would be creating a custom tribe-events.css stylesheet (see details here or else consider using a custom CSS plugin) and add some new, more specific rules along these lines:

.tribe-events-tooltip h4 a:hover {
        color: red;
    }

Of course, modify red to the actual colour that works in your case (see here for information on the CSS color property).

For the customization issues (linking directly to Facebook), I’d ask that you create a new forum topic.

Thanks—and I hope that helps with the disappearing links issue 🙂

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should restore the Event Aggregator that lets Facebook event images get imported as “Featured Images” into WordPress.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-3-event-tickets-4-3-3-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘A Few Problems’ is closed to new replies.