A few bugs on Version 3.8.1

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO A few bugs on Version 3.8.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tobstar
    Participant

HI there I have found some bugs on this version.
    1. In admin, when change an event to draft then we couldn’t change back to publish on the event edit page. We only can change it via quick edit.
    2. Edit all on recurring event doesn’t work to update the content, I had to edit each individual recurring event.
    3. I have displayed a list of recurring events with link to detail page. Only happens on recurring events it show 2nd date of recurring when click on first date of recurring. All other events working fine, or click on other than first date of recurring working fine too. (URL is correct with first date link but some how they switch to next day).
    Looking forward to hear from you as client want to fix the issue before launch new website.
    Thanks in advance.

Barry

Hi tobstar,

Thanks for highlighting these issues.

1. In admin, when change an event to draft then we couldn’t change back to publish on the event edit page. We only can change it via quick edit.

Strangely enough I don’t experience any problems here. This is what I tried:

• I edited an existing event and set it to draft, then hit the update button to save this change
    • It was successfully converted to a draft
    • I returned to the editor and hit the prominent blue Publish button and it was restored to a published state

It sounds like you’re experiencing something other than that. Is the Publish button absent completely once you make it a draft? Are there any other steps I’d need to follow here?

2. Edit all on recurring event doesn’t work to update the content, I had to edit each individual recurring event.

Again I’m not sure I can replicate this:

• I created a recurring event
    • I returned to the admin events list and used the Edit All link for that same event
    • I appended some extra text to the description and hit update
    • On viewing each event in the series, that appended text was present in each case

Can I ask again if there is something I would need to do differently to see this?

3. I have displayed a list of recurring events with link to detail page. Only happens on recurring events it show 2nd date of recurring when click on first date of recurring. All other events working fine, or click on other than first date of recurring working fine too. (URL is correct with first date link but some how they switch to next day).

Not quite sure I’m understanding. Can you point me to a concrete example of this issue?

YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the 2011 default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

We appreciate you taking the time to run through the above steps – just for the avoidance of doubt, did you encounter all of the problems you listed under these default conditions? Were you able to identify any conflicts at all?

Thanks!

tobstar
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Interesting.

1. I have test with other events it works with change status to publish, but strangely only one event won’t change to publish in admin after I clicked blue Publish button and reload the page! It work ok for other event with similar set up.

I’m not sure what to suggest here as you can only replicate it in the case of one event and I cannot replicate it at all (nor have I seen other users report this).

2. Yes correct, edit all is work if the post ID is all the same, I have notice some recurring events break up into single that caused different post ID … I have explained to client if they edit single this will happened.

OK – so this does indeed sound like it may be expected behaviour (when a chain of recurring events is either split in two or a single event is broken out of the chain) and it sounds like you don’t need anything further on this front.

Here’s 6th Dec event which generate permalink http://redacted.domain/event/event-slug/2014-12-06/ when you go to this link it changed to 7th Dec http://redacted.domain/event/event-slug/2014-12-07/ we couldn’t get 6th Dec to display.

That’s odd.

Interestingly I find if I visit /event/event-slug/all/ for the event in question there may be a fatal error happening and stopping the page from rendering completely.

With that in mind, and also considering the first point, I would again like to ask if you can confirm the outcome of your conflict testing? Could it be another plugin, your theme or some custom code is having an adverse impact here?

Barry

… I’d also add that we do try very hard to stick to one issue per thread.

Let’s try to focus on just one of the three issues you initially raised (I’d suggest the third point, ie the recurring event problem) and, if you need further assistance with either of the other two, please do create a new thread and one of the team will be happy to help 🙂

Thanks!

tobstar
    Participant

Thank you Barry, I think all those issue happened when I merged from staging and development sites, client was populating the contents on staging site and then I had to merge my development work so we might have conflicted with some posts. The third point only happened on staging site but it working fine on my development site (localhost). I couldn’t find any conflict or bugs on my localhost or any of those problems, so I will advise client to delete that bug event and redo. I will investigating more with conflict testing again if any of new events we added have any issues. Thanks for your time. Cheers!

Barry

Awesome, sounds like a solid plan.

In that case I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed if any of those problems (or anything) crops up 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘A few bugs on Version 3.8.1’ is closed to new replies.