A couple of issues with Map View and Search Functions

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO A couple of issues with Map View and Search Functions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    shawntarlo
    Participant

Hello,
    We have a few issues we would like to address if possible. The first is relatively simple, it appears the map view does not work properly. Regardless of all the events being in Chicago its default view is Africa and if you pan to Chicago no icons show, any ideas?

The second would be that the search fields do not seem to work very well. For instance the “search near” function never returns results regardless of what I enter. And the regular “search” does not return results unless the exact name of the event is entered, it doesn’t seem to search the content within the event posting whatsoever. Thanks in advance for your help!

Barry

It looks like, for some reason, geolocation data is missing for each of your venues. Can you try visiting each venue in the editor, re-save and see if that causes the pinmarkers to appear in map view?

Thanks!

shawntarlo
    Participant

We are still having issues with the map not showing anything and the map defaulting to lat 0 long 0. We have tried creatign new venues, and resubmitting address data but still nothing is showing. We have also tried deactivating all plugins and switching themes.

shawntarlo
    Participant

I should also note that for some reason there are no “Upcoming events” showing when in map view, but they are visible in all other views. Additionally for events and venus we do not see a lat + long entry field, can we assume these are automatically generated!? Also the URL is http://multisite.cruxsketchpad.com/chicago/events/

shawntarlo
    Participant

Another update – Installed a fresh copy of wordpress with a fresh DB and absolutely no plugins except for Event Calendar 3.3 and Event Calendar Pro 3.3 here http://mandarinmag.cruxsketchpad.com/events/map/ added a venue and new event and we still have absolutely nothing on the map, we need help resolving this as it is holding up the launch of a website at this point.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Please also note that while inspecting the DB I did not see any lat/long entries, only the addresses for each event/venue.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Dont want to be rude but we REALLY need help with this as the site is supposed to launch within a week. The only view needed is the map view and its the only issue we are having 🙁

Barry

Don’t worry about being rude, we’re here to help! However, as we publicized, we were not running at full capacity over the festive period (Christmas Eve through to Jan 2) and have only just returned to normal operations – apologies for any inconvenience that might have caused.

Additionally for events and venus we do not see a lat + long entry field, can we assume these are automatically generated!?

That’s right, those fields are not exposed through the user interface but ought to be populated ‘behind the scenes’.

Please also note that while inspecting the DB I did not see any lat/long entries, only the addresses for each event/venue.

Could you use WordPress’s export tools to export your venue data so I can take a peek (if you could make it available for download that would be great – remember you can mark replies as private). I do also note you tried deactivating all other plugins and also reverting to a default, unmodified theme – can you confirm what if any impact that had and, last but not least, can you try updating to the latest version of our plugins?

Thanks!

shawntarlo
    Participant

Thank you for the response! We are running the latest versions and de-activating all plugins and using a default theme had no effect except to place a single marker at 0 lat 0 long. I also launched a new site with a fresh DB and WP install with absolutely zero plugins except those required to run the calendar, this still had the same results. It shows no points on the map and nothing under “Upcoming Events” but as soon as you switch views that same “Upcoming Events” is populated with our items (Strange!). I will get that data to you in a few minutes!

shawntarlo
    Participant

This reply is private.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Please let us know if that information is helpful, and of course if you need anything else we would be happy to get it for you.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Hey guys still having troubles with this.. happy to provide any info or access needed.

shawntarlo
    Participant

Perhaps we can pay to have the issue fixed?

Barry

This reply is private.

Barry

(If you have any difficulties viewing the above private reply please just let me know. In any event, I’ll get back to you about the main issue shortly.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘A couple of issues with Map View and Search Functions’ is closed to new replies.