_transient_tribe_attendees in Post Meta Table

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus _transient_tribe_attendees in Post Meta Table

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Geet Jacobs
    Participant

Hello Tribes,

We have about 1000 events and 400+ attendees for each event, just to get some basic numbers out there.

Our database is been getting slammed, the cause is almost 100% Tribes, and related to getting attendees functions with WooCommerce. This is nothing new for us, but as I was digging in our database I saw the “_transient_tribe_attendees” post meta, I decided to export all records with that key and its a whopping 47MB for just those records.

This seems a bit insane, you are not just saving the attendee ID but every single piece of meta related to each attendees order. There has got to be a cleaner way to handle this.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dale!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Having 1000 events with 400 attendees each means around 400000 attendee records, which his a lot of information. So, it may be expected for the _transient_tribe_attendees meta for all your events be that large, as it contains the information for all your events attendees.

Do you have any specific pages where you are experiencing a significant slow down in performance?

As a reference, we have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

Additionally, I can see you are using previous versions of our plugins. We always recommend you try to use the latest versions of our plugins available, as they may contain fixes and improvements in performance. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

I hope that helps. Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Geet Jacobs
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘_transient_tribe_attendees in Post Meta Table’ is closed to new replies.