502 Timeouts when creating/updating Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 502 Timeouts when creating/updating Recurring Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    northpointe
    Participant

We’re using Fastly in front of our servers to provide a CDN for our content, at 20 seconds they automatically timeout the connection. I’m able to update most events, but more complicated events with more recurrences seem to timeout no matter what. Are there plans to move recurring event creation to a background job so this is prevented in the future?

Appears to be the same issue as https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/timeout-to-502-when-updating-recurring-event-daily/

Geoff

Hi northpointe,

First off, nice site! I love the layout of the Events page–awesome work. 🙂

I’m sorry you’re hitting an issue here with performance on the back end while publishing events. That indeed sounds frustrating.

Are there by chance other processes that are running while publishing events? I know it can be a pain to try, but does the speed of publishing events improve when your other installed plugins are deactivated or when a default WordPress theme is activated?

Also, I’m curious how fast a typical single event publishes for you. Does it take a few seconds (as we’d expect it to), or do those push the border as well?

Lastly, what kind of a recurrence are you creating? Perhaps if you share your pattern with me, I can try to replicate it on my own site to see I experience a similar lag.

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hi there, northpointe! It’s been a couple weeks since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. Please do feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help you out. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘502 Timeouts when creating/updating Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.