502 Bad Gateway

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 502 Bad Gateway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hikeitbaby
    Participant

We are really struggling with the Event Calendar Pro plugin. We have 502 bad gateway on the month view and no idea what to do to fix this. I have read some of the things you have posted but I don’t see a fix. Any suggestions. The calendar is the most important thing in our website so this is urgent that we have it fixed.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry again for the issues with the update.

We are working on a fix for the month view as a month with many events is timing out.

We have a fix in the works, but it is not ready yet. I maybe to provide you with an advance copy or you could downgrade to 3.9.3 as the issue is not in that version.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks

hikeitbaby
    Participant

I had someone help me with the updating of all. I would have no idea how to downgrade. Can I somehow get help with that or pay someone. The guy helping me isn’t available. HELP! I am in a bad place as the calendar is the number one viewed thing in our site so it’s pretty critical.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I cannot take payment to help with upgrades or downgrades and our policy is to not access customer sites. I can give instructions on how to do it.

To downgrade you can deactivate and then delete the Event Plugins.

Then upload and active the older versions. This process does not erase events or delete settings.

WordPress has this guide to do that:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins_Add_New_Screen#Upload_Tab

This is the link to get the zip of the core plugin:

https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.3.9.3.zip

You can get the older versions of the other 3 from your account here on theeventscalendar.com.

Let me know if you have any questions.

hikeitbaby
    Participant

Does this download of the previous version plug in also cover the fact we are utilizing several add-ons to the main plug in as all of them were upgraded to version 3.10? We are utilizing community hikes, filter bar as well as the PRO add-on to the main plug-in on the website. I do not want to start the downgrading process until I’m certain all components will survive the transfer back to the previous fully functional version. Thank you!

Brian
    Keymaster

If you downgrade you need to downgrade all the plugins to 3.9.x

You want to take the highest version where the x is.

You do not want any of the plugins to be on 3.10 if you downgrade.

Each plugin will have to be individually done.

hikeitbaby
    Participant

Ok, I have the individual plug in information downloaded in the older format, but as I’m handling this while the main site programmer is away can you please tell me where are the events hosted on the main WordPress site so I can backup that specific folder(s) prior to deleting the new upgraded plug in? I’m a bit nervous at the information you provided that “data will not be lost” yet the deactivate and delete screens on the WordPress backbone itself state that data will be deleted. This data is critical to remain intact during this downgrading process. I’ve handled manual updates/downgrades of plugins before, but not with this much sensitive data on the server.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

The events and the event settings are stored in the database so you have to make a backup of that.

The database is not stored in files in the WordPress install.

It is true that if you deactivate and delete a plugin it will delete the files of the plugin, but it does not delete from the database.

hikeitbaby
    Participant

Clocking everything back to the previous version of the plugin seemed to solve temporarily the Month view display for iOS users, but we are now experiencing 502 Bad Gateway errors when users try to submit information for the calendar as well as extreme slowness in the responsiveness to the plugin for both submission and viewing of the data. Are these known issues to this version of the plugin set?

Errors have been reported multiple times a day by users across the spectrum of browser set up and platform (iOS/Win Chrome/IE/Safari, Mobile and Desktop systems) and it’s impacting the functionality of the website overall. Thank you.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I visited your site and was not getting those errors. Is this happening during the busiest part of the day on your site?

Do you have any caching on your site? With the amount of events on your site I would think it is necessary for you to have caching on your site for it to function.

Let me know and I can try to help out.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘502 Bad Gateway’ is closed to new replies.