500 errors and how this works with php5-fpm

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 errors and how this works with php5-fpm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been getting 500 errors for a very long time, a ton now.. more than usual. One example is below.

But I’m asking because I’ve been getting issues with these plugins from when I installed them regarding php-fmp type errors/timouts, and I’m wondering if these happen for other people or if it’s a regular kind of issue/fix.

Initializing Tribe Events on Jan, 4th at 11:01:29 am” while reading response header from upstream, client: 207.46.13.63, server: scenester.tv, request: “GET /img_6699-copy-2/ HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:”

I just am wondering if there is a general issue as to why this would happen or not.

Patricia

Hey Joanna,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on your website’s server, but it could not be more specific on what the exact problem is. This status code is usually associated with a PHP Fatal Error, so to identify the cause of this issue, I would recommend you to temporarily enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share with us any messages you see while experiencing these errors. All WP_DEBUG messages will be stored in a debug.log file in /wp-content/debug.log. If you are constantly getting 500 internal server errors, it’s possible that you are reaching the PHP memory limit: WP_DEBUG will help us to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Also, could you please let us know when do you get this 500 internal server error? Is it happening while trying to edit or create new events?

Thanks!

Patricia

Joanna
    Participant

Hi,
    I think the issue is in this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/performance-issue/ and the answer (hopefully) is just waiting for a fix to this in an update.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Joanna.
    Patricia

Hi Joanna,

We already released a fix for the slowless of the Geo Location query on 01/10/18:

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-january-2018/

Please update the plugin and check if everything is working as expected now.

If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘500 errors and how this works with php5-fpm’ is closed to new replies.