500 error with User Agent Java/1.8.0_121

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 error with User Agent Java/1.8.0_121

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

I’ve been getting 500 errors in IIS logs with cs-uri-stem always in /event/ from a user agent called Java/1.8.0_121. I checked the IPs of the client and this seems to be a known Google Bot. The error never occurs outside of the /event/ section. I can’t find anything mentioning this in regards to Event Pro to see if this is a known issue.

Let me know if I can provide additional information.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Derek!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m not really sure I understand where those requests are coming from. But 500 errors come from the server side, so you should get in touch with your hosting provider to see if they can provide more information about them.

Please let us know if there is anything on our end we can do to help.

Best,
    Victor

Derek
    Participant

We host internally. Yes 500 errors are coming from the server. A trace back to these IPs are coming from a Google Bot crawler. Is there a known issue with Google Bots and Event Pro having an issue. At the time this snapshot of the log was taken the only errors were occurring when the Google Bot was accessing Event Pro pages.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Derek!

Thanks for clarifying.

We are not aware of any issues with Google Bots and Events Calendar PRO.

Not sure if related, but I tried to navigate to your site and I was blocked by Wordfence with the following message: Your access to this site has been limited. With an HTTP response code 503.

You might want to check Wordfence settings and see if there is one that blocks specific requests.

I hope that helps. Let me know if there’s anything on our side we can do to help.

Best,
    Victor

Derek
    Participant

Victor,

We block IPs from outside the US. As a technical college in the midwest there is no reason for us to be worldwide and because of the number of attacks on web sites that emanate from IPs outside the US the decision was made before I started working here to block them. May I ask if your location is outside the US. If not then I’ll need to investigate that.

I will also see if I can match these errors with blocking on WordFence.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Derek!

I’m located in Argentina, so that should be why I’m getting blocked.

I’ve found the following documentation that might be of help to investigate your issue > https://docs.wordfence.com/en/Wordfence_options#Rate_Limiting_Rules

Hope you can find the source of those errors. Let me know if there is any follow up questions. 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘500 error with User Agent Java/1.8.0_121’ is closed to new replies.