500 Error after updating recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 500 Error after updating recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Matt Sloan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Matt Sloan
    Participant

Victor,

Are you able to provide any update on where this issue currently stands?
    This has a rather large impact on our business so there is definitely a sense of urgency.

Thank you for all of your continued help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Matt!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I’ve had some trouble setting up your database to work with my local installation and that caused me some delays.

I could not replicate the issues you’re having with your database nor could I find anything wrong about it. It seems like something is not working right on your live site, which makes me think it could be there is a corrupted plugin, theme or even WordPress core install.

Could you please try reinstalling your WordPress core and see if anything changes? How about reinstalling our plugins?

Be sure to make a full backup of your site (both database and files) before doing so, just in case something goes wrong and you can always go back.

In the meantime I will reach out to the team to have a second pair of eyes on this and will come back with any findings as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

Could you please see if you have any plugins or custom code in your functions.php file or in any file in your theme that is using the ‘Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence_Meta_getRecurrenceMeta’ hook

We think that a possibility that would lead to a non-array being fed to ‘array_map()’ in that location is if some code is running on the ‘Tribe__Events__Pro__Recurrence_Meta_getRecurrenceMeta’ filter.

Let us know what you can find.

Thanks,
    Victor

Matt Sloan
    Participant

I tried re-installing EC and EC Pro; however, that didn’t seem to work. I did a ‘search everywhere’ from my IDE and didn’t see anywhere except in events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php:736 which is inside the plugin. That was the only place I saw its usage.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Matt!

Thanks for making all those tests.

Just to confirm, did you try re-installing your WordPress version by going to Dashboard > Updates and clicking “Re-install Now” ?

Going back to the 500 error, are you getting this error when trying to load the edit event page, or after clicking Update once on the edit event screen?

Are you getting this error for all the events or just some? Could you please point us to one of those events you are getting the error with? This way I will try to have a closer look at it in the database and see if I can find something.

Thanks,
    Victor

Matt Sloan
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I tried reinstalling WordPress 4.8; however, I am still getting the 500 error. I get it when I try to update the event from the edit view. As an example, I’m getting the error when I try to update the recurring event “Yoga at the Green Barn”

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Matt!

Thanks for letting me know about that.

I could not find the “Yoga at the Green Barn” in the database, but I did find the “2016 Daniel Island Farmers Market” recurring event, where I am getting a few errors.

Could you please confirm that you experience the same error with that particular event? If so, please send us a screenshot of all the recurring setting when on the edit page for that event.

Also, while on the edit event page for that event, do you see any console errors? Please send us a screenshot of that if you do.

Please, let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Matt Sloan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

No worries Matt! Thanks for sending out the screenshots too!

We’ll try to make some tests on our end and will get back to you with the findings.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Matt!

While I could not reproduce the same error you’re having, I did noticed some discrepancies in the database, which tells me that it got corrupted somehow.

Take the “Yoga at the Green Barn” recurring event, for example. It seems that the parent event, which is on May 23 is unlinked from the child events for July 2 and July 9. If you go to edit the event then the recurring settings don’t load for it, just like you can see in the screenshots you sent.

We’ve already had other users reporting similar issues with the Piklist plugin. I’m not really familiar with this plugin, but I think you can link posts with it and somehow it could be breaking how recurring events are linked together.

Were you using the Piklist plugin to link events somehow? Could you please try creating a recurring event and then use this plugin to link to another and see if it breaks the recurring settings?

Let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Matt Sloan
    Participant

Piklist is a plugin that is a lot like Advanced Custom Fields. It’s just a way to add field attributes to post types. As far as I can tell, there aren’t any post types that use any event meta or anything like that. Is that what you mean when you ask if there are any linked. I’m not sure how I can test that. Sorry for my confusion.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Matt!

Thanks for following up with this and sorry for the confusion.

I will try to make some tests in my local installation with the Piklist plugin and will get back to you with my findings.

In the meantime, if you could also point us out to a couple of other events you are having the same error with, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Matt!

I installed and activated the Piklist plugin for your database and I could reproduce the same Fatal error you are having. This also seems to be causing the recurring event to break.

I could also reproduce the issue creating a new recurring event from scratch with “Once” type recurring instances.

Could you please try the following to confirm we are experiencing the same behaviour?
    – With Piklist plugin deactivated, create a new recurring event with “Once” instances and save. Do you get any errors?
    – Now try the same with Piklist plugin activated. Do you see any difference?

Let me know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error after updating recurring events’ is closed to new replies.