500 Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ylice
    Participant

500 Error when uploading a CSV!

When I try to upload a CSV it parses the file and then gives a 500 error when I perform import.

I disabled everything and did the troubleshooting conflict test, and still got the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the core and pro.

Nothing works and there is nobody to contact for help! I cannot find further documentation on how to fix this, and the Tribe folks seem to be totally out to lunch. Worse, all the answers that others gave for a similar issue in the forums are marked as private! Super unhelpful.

I am so not impressed. Getting help is impossible.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Ylice!

I would love to help you with this.

I am aware of couple of folks with this issue, but we have not gotten far enough along yet to determine the cause. Thank you very much for sharing your system information! We are still waiting back on the other, which is part of the reason for the private replies.

I am not able to replicate this problem on my test setups. Do you have access to your sever logs? Anytime there is a 500 error it should be logged on your server, but best of all the log will typically indicate that caused the error. Would you mind sharing a copy of the log here, at least the portions that happened around the time the error was generated? That could help us get to the bottom of this.

Cheers!

– Brook

ylice
    Participant

This reply is private.

ylice
    Participant

Fatal error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[‘ in /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b2973/ipg.heatherssavorypies/blog/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer_Events.php on line 309

Brook
    Participant

Thank you very much for sharing the error message. That is immensely helpful.

Could you try modifying a line of code for me on your server? Open up the file mentioned: wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Importer/File_Importer_Events.php and scroll down to line 309. You should see:

$after_aliases = [ 'suffix', 'after' ];

Could you replace that with:

$after_aliases = array( 'suffix', 'after' );

With that in place try the import again. Does it work as expected, or still a 500 error?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error’ is closed to new replies.