5 issues – Calendar Shortcode, Purchasing, Receipts, Attendance, Emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus 5 issues – Calendar Shortcode, Purchasing, Receipts, Attendance, Emails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi there, few queries after months of deciding I decided to purchase Woocommerce Tickets. Impressed so far!

I have run into a few snags that are hopefully easy to fix.

1) In regards to the calendar – it’s meant to be here:

http://tickets.tonemgmt.com/events/

For some reason it doesn’t load the calendar as per the example? http://wpshindig.com/events/

Is there a shortcode I am missing? Editing the events page it is blank currently.

2) For customers when purchasing – The “Extra info about your order” – how do I delete this, it is no longer necessary

3) Once order has been placed can I give an option to customer to print their receipt on the checkout screen? I know it is in the email but I need this option also.

4) Attendee list – I want to change the email it comes from, so change to from WordPress <[email protected]> to Your Ticket <[email protected]>

5) Approving customers who pay via paypal / Other payment options – Once the payment is sent, I want the ticket to be sent straight away, not have to manually approve all sales in woocommerce – how do I do this?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here on your 5 issues. See my responses below.

1) I see you have created a page for the calendar. Please delete the page and remove from the trash as the plugin creates the event view archive itself. By creating a page with the same slug it is preventing the calendar from showing. We do not have shortcodes for the main event views (month, list, photo, etc) only for the Pro Widgets.

2) For customers when purchasing – The “Extra info about your order” – how do I delete this, it is no longer necessary

I am not sure where they is exactly. Do you have a screenshot? If this is the checkout page there is this plugin helps manage that process:

Checkout Manager for WooCommerce

3) Once order has been placed can I give an option to customer to print their receipt on the checkout screen? I know it is in the email but I need this option also.

If WooCommerce has that feature you could add it there. We do not have this feature as part of our plugin and the tickets are only able to be emailed and not printed from the site.

4) Attendee list – I want to change the email it comes from, so change to from WordPress <[email protected]> to Your Ticket <[email protected]>

I looked at our coding and there is no option in it to change the From Email. It would only be possible right now by editing the plugin, but that change would be lost on each update.

5) Approving customers who pay via paypal / Other payment options – Once the payment is sent, I want the ticket to be sent straight away, not have to manually approve all sales in woocommerce – how do I do this?

WooCOmmerce has this coding to Auto Complete Orders:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/

Let me know about issue #2 and if you have any other follow up questions.

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Cool I sorted most of these apart from the from email for attendance lists. Can you tell me where I change this on the plugin? It’s very important we have this sorted – I am willing to update the plugin myself every time there is an update at your end.

Many thanks for your support Brian, a fantastic plugin for us.

Much appreciated

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok glad it helps.

The function that sends the attendee list is in the core plugin.

The function uses wp_mail: (look for how to add the headers variable after the $content)

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_mail

You can find it in this file:

the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\Tickets\Tickets_Pro.php

Around line 329.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Brian, I tried this then broke the site so reverted back to the backup.

Can you send me the header variable code also? Sorry for the hassle, I’m a very basic user with lots to learn.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not tested this coding, but try replacing this:

add_filter( 'wp_mail_content_type', array( $this, 'set_contenttype' ) );
    if ( ! wp_mail( $email, sprintf( __( 'Attendee List for: %s', 'tribe-events-calendar' ), $event->post_title ), $content ) ) {
    $this->ajax_error( 'Error sending email' );
    }

With this:

add_filter( 'wp_mail_content_type', array( $this, 'set_contenttype' ) );
    $from_name = 'Your Tickets';
    $from_email = '[email protected]';
    $headers = "From: " . stripslashes_deep( html_entity_decode( $from_name, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8' ) ) . " <$from_email>\r\n";
    $headers .= "Reply-To: ". $from_email . "\r\n";
    $headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8\r\n";

if ( ! wp_mail( $email, sprintf( __( 'Attendee List for: %s', 'tribe-events-calendar' ), $event->post_title ), $content, $headers ) ) {
    $this->ajax_error( 'Error sending email' );
    }

You can change the Your Tickets name to something you would like to call it and the email address.

Cheers

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘5 issues – Calendar Shortcode, Purchasing, Receipts, Attendance, Emails’ is closed to new replies.