404 on Event Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 on Event Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nnenna
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem as

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/404-on-venue-page/

I just bought the plugin and wondering if this was a right choice. I’m using a theme that already allows me to create “listings” with Google Maps, BUT was missing the choice to buy tickets for those listings. And your plugin was recommended by the theme developers (http://listify.astoundify.com/)

Two questions:

1.) After creating a “test event” with your plugin, the preview showed up fine, but once I published I keep getting a 404 event page. See link under “WP version” tab.

2.) Also, Can I embed the event page, within another webpage like a listing (example is in “Site’s URL”)?

Thank you!!

Geoff

Hi there, Nnenna! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. We’re stoked you’re giving the plugin a try and hope it’s going to work out for your project.

The 404 issue is certainly strange. I’ve been clicking through your site and the links seem to be functioning properly. Were you able to resolve the issue by chance? If not, please feel free to send me a link to an example where the issue is popping up and I’d be happy to take a look.

Good question about embeds. We do have one shortcode that allows you to embed the mini calendar widget: [tribe_mini_calendar]. We’re working on adding additional shortcodes, but don’t have a release date set for them just yet. In the meantime, you might be interested in Event Rocket, which adds more shortcodes to our plugin. We don’t support it here on the forums, but it sounds like something worth considering.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Nnenna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

I notice that there is another post type using /event in the URL. For example:

[LINK REMOVED]

Is it possible you are running two event-related plugins that are conflicting?

Cheers!
    Geoff

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Geoff.
    Nnenna
    Participant

Dear Geoff,

Thank you so much for your swift response and looking into this further. Indeed! What worked was changing the slug in your plugin. And Voila! Thank you so much for your advice and also for suggesting the Event Rocket plugin. Will def try it for embed purposes.

I hope you have a great week!!

Nnenna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Fantastic! I’m stoked that did the trick. Nice work and thanks for confirming the solution. 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but don’t hesitate to hit us up with a new one if anything else pops up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘404 on Event Page’ is closed to new replies.