404 Errors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi,
    I’ve noticed that my recurring events are causing 404 errors, and producing URLs such as “domain.com/event/event-name/1970-01-01” – it always has /1970-01-01 at the end.

This is according to Google Webmaster Tools. Any idea why this is happening?

Rob

Hey James, thanks for reporting this. Weird issue – what’s the permalink structure you’re using? We’ve gotten a few reports and have a bug to fix regarding users not on pretty permalink structures having issues. Are you using something along the lines of /%postname%/?

James

Hey Rob,

Yes, the structure is /%postname%/

Rob

Alright James. Thanks; we’ve had another user report this the past day or two as well so it sounds like there may be a bug here. We’re looking into it now and will post an announcement (and tutorial as needed) here ASAP once we figure out what’s up.

Since we do believe it to be related to the permalinks, you may want to play around with some of the other permalink structures to see if any give you success. Also, definitely make sure you’re running 2.0.2 of both Events Calendar PRO and The Events Calendar. Let me know if any of those are successful.

Jonny
    Participant

Unsure if this will help.

@James – Are you using the Total Cache plugin. I had this error when enabling the ‘object cache’ tab. If it remains disabled, all is good.
    Just a thought.

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion, Jonny.

James: would definitely be helpful if you could confirm on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Errors’ is closed to new replies.