404 Error on the Calendar page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 Error on the Calendar page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    louisvillegeek
    Participant

I have already been to the technical docs to try and narrow down the problem. I deactivated all the plugins, updated permlinks, switched permlinks to default and back and I also used the trick with the functions.php. This plugins has been working fine the past. I suspect an update caused it to fail. I switched themes and back. I did all of this and updated permlinks for every step. We are using the pro version and need assistance.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It looks like you’re using a very outdated version of our PRO plugin. You can try deactivating PRO to see if the Core plugin continues to work.

We’re currently on version 3.11 of PRO and the latest version of the plugin is the only one that we can guarantee is compatible with the latest version of the core calendar. There have been some very significant updates to the codebase since version 2.0.11 and that version will not work with the latest version of our core plugin.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

louisvillegeek
    Participant

I saw that too and I already uploaded a new version of the pro plugin. I actually tried disabling all addons to the original plugin and that didn’t seem to work.

louisvillegeek
    Participant

I still have not found a solution to this problem. I’m running out of ideas.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Robert,

You mentioned that you already tried re-saving your permalinks settings. Did you try this after updating to the latest version of the PRO plugin as well as after the other plugins had been deactivated? Particularly the Event Espresso plugins since there could have been some conflict for the “events” slug that may still be causing the issue even with the plugin deactivated.

Try re-saving the permalinks again with the latest version of our plugins and all other plugins deactivated and see if that gets you back to being able to see the Events pages.

Thanks!

louisvillegeek
    Participant

Josh,

I already did that before I made the post. I wanted to make sure I tried everything I could before I put an extra workload on the support team. I am very confused why I am still getting a 404 even after disabling all the plugins and switched to twentyfifteen theme, then re-saved permlinks. I would think that there couldn’t possibly be a conflict after that because there is nothing left but wordpress core. I am going to repeat the process I did last week and see if I notice any difference.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Would you have the ability to set up a new development site on your current hosting environment? You can then start from a fresh install with the plugins and ensure there isn’t an issue with the hosting environment that could be causing the problem.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. Can you try changing the events slug to something other than “compliance-calendar”? Maybe trying something else will help to “kickstart” the views. You’ll need to re-save permalinks again after changing this slug.
    2. My concern with the multiple calendars is that there could be something that gets saved into the database or other permanent setting which could be causing the conflict. Sometimes, even after deactivating a plugin the impact of some of the settings can continue to affect the site.

Thanks!

louisvillegeek
    Participant

The hosting environment is fine or at least for the older version it is. I already had a dev version set up with an older version of the plugin and it works fine. so I zipped them up and reverted the plugin to the older version and it works fine now on the main site. The problem now is that I’m not going to be able to update. There is a difference between the older version and the newer version that is causing it to fail.

It is possible the updated version is trying to use the same table as event espresso..

I also tried changing the slug before and that didn’t help.

Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Thanks for following up with this information. I’ll reach out to one of our developers. I know when changed some priorities for a couple of WordPress actions that we’re hooking into. I’ll check to see if this could potentially be causing some issues if the two calendars are being run simultaneously.

Thanks!

louisvillegeek
    Participant

Thanks for your help! Let me know if you find anything!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

I’m terribly sorry for the delay here! My previous message must not have posted like I thought it did.

I did some testing with both The Events Calendar and the Event Espresso plugins and wasn’t able to replicate so I’m not sure if the event espresso core is what’s at conflict here.

Actually, taking a look at your site again now, it looks like the events page is back up and running for you! https://www.jackscomplianceresource.com/compliance-calendar/. Did you recently complete the upgrade to version 3.12 of our plugin?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error on the Calendar page’ is closed to new replies.