404 Error on daily view without events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 404 Error on daily view without events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey Everyone,

for daily dates without events, i get an 404 error and not the regular “No entries found…” message like for weekly or list-events.

Maybe this screenshot will help you guys

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54549103/404.jpg

Brook
    Participant

Howdy seifenigel,

I am 99% certain your theme is using a very nonstandard way of detecting 404 pages. There are two ways WordPress allows you to detect a 404 and serve the appropriate template. By far the most common is to define a 404.php, which your theme does not (This would be a blank white page if it did). Or by using is_404().

Instead of doing either of these I bet your theme is doing something akin to if ($wp_query->post_count == 0)

On pages like the an empty day one the post count is indeed 0. However, as you can see we serve a page anyways which states no events found. Your theme thinks this is a 404, when it actually is not, and thus serves our content in addition to a 404 header.

The only fix is going to be correcting your theme’s 404 implementation. You might have to contact the theme author.

Does that help at all? I hope so. Thanks for posting.

– Brook

Sebastian Petersen
    Participant

Hey Brook,

thanks alot for your help! I’ll fix it in my theme. 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Excellent! I am glad to hear it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘404 Error on daily view without events’ is closed to new replies.