400 Bad Request

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 400 Bad Request

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Barry

Hi Lee – it would be great if you could start a new thread so as to avoid any confusion in this one that might come about from fielding different questions from different people 🙂

I managed to get the recurring event to work, however as I was unable to activate the custom post types permalinks (whilst recurring events work), this impacted on the sites performance.

Can you clarify what you mean here? Do you mean that plugin is essential to your site’s maintaining relatively good performance? Is that a goal of that plugin? We’d love to learn more here.

With this in mind, how can i disable the option for recurring events within the community system or general, until I can find a another solution to resolve the conflict?

I’d imagine you could stop people from submitting recurring events by basically removing those options – Community Events like all our plugins has overrideable templates and (please do read through the Themer’s Guide to learn some of the background to this, first of all) you could essentially tailor a custom community/modules/recurrence.php template (replacing it with an empty file perhaps) to do this.

However, for further questions on this specific topic (of removing recurring events from the Comumnity Events submission form) please do post a new thread in the Community Events forum. Thanks!

artworkcreative
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Due to the structure of our website, it replies heavily on custom posts types and the custom permalinks used currently allow for the archive pages to link to single pages within the WordPress theme structure. Like Lee, I would like to have both plugins activate, however if this is not possible I would guess it would be easier to find a way to outline a custom post type permalink manually in comparison to changing the permalink from the event system however I could be wrong about that. However until a solution is found, it is a balance act for me as I have to consider what is more impacting for the user, not being able to upload recurring event (uncharged feature on the website) or unable to access individual records (charged feature for providers), with this in mind that was reasoning for disabling the recurring events temporarily.

Thank you for your advice about the community event, I will have a look at that and if I have any issues, I will post a new thread on Community forum.

I will continue to investigate a custom permalink solution and will of course report back anything I find.

Thanks,

Sam

Joel
    Participant

I was also able to resolve the conflict be deactivating the Custom Post Type Permalinks Plugin. My website doesn’t heavily rely on the plugin but it would be helpful to find a fix since it seems like many people use it.

Barry

OK, well we’ll definitely make a point to take a look. I can’t guarantee if we’ll be able to provide a solution though and it may also be worth your posting on the support forum for Custom Post Type Permalinks.

Thanks!

Barry

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Sadly I don’t think we can assist further on this one: it’s something that you’ll either need to address through the team/author behind the other plugin or else as an integration issue.

Of course, if anyone hits on a suitable fix do feel free to post it in a fresh thread and we’ll happily take a look (or if nothing else leave it in place for other members of the community to benefit from).

Sorry we can’t do more – and good luck 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘400 Bad Request’ is closed to new replies.