3Clicks theme not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3Clicks theme not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

I’m seeing the main calendar (http://powershell.org/events) correctly, but individual events (http://powershell.org/evt/cincinnati-powershell-user-group-may-meeting-back-to-basics/) are displaying a blank page. Turned off all plugins; no help. Switched to 2016 theme, worked fine. Back to 3Clicks theme, blank page. So it’s a theme conflict; I’m willing to troubleshoot this, but I’ve no idea where to begin. I’ve re-saved permalinks to no avail.

Hunter

Hey Don,

Thank you for choosing PRO and welcome to the forums!

I would be happy to help assist with the issue. I do want to note that theme and plugin conflicts are outside the scope we’re able to provide, but let’s see if we can’t get this figured out…

Do you get any errors displayed on a single event page when setting wp_debug to true on your wp-config.php file? Additionally, do you have a folder inside your theme folder called ‘tribe-events’? If you haven’t already, I’d also recommend reaching out to the theme author to see if they have any insight on the matter.

Thank you again for choosing us for your events calendar needs and I look forward to hearing back. Have a good rest of your Monday.

Don
    Participant

No errors with Debug set to true, no. Just an empty DIV where the content should go. However, inspecting the page, i do get “TEC Debug” messages. tribe-events.js successfully loaded, tribe-events-pro.js successfully loaded, and some browser capabilities stuff.

TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js.
    User agent reported as: “Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36
    “Live ajax returned its state as: “false”
    Supports pushstate: “true”
    TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded
    “TEC Debug: tribe-events-pro.js successfully loaded”

I do -not- have a tribe-events folder; I’d be happy to create one, if that’s a good troubleshooting step.

And I’ve definitely reached out to the theme developer as well. I’m kind of just looking for some evidence of where it’s going South.

Hunter

Hey Don,

We’d be happy to investigate 🙂

If you’re comfortable and your theme license permits, upload the latest version to Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link as a private reply. Other than that, there is not much more I can do without having access to the theme’s source code.

Additionally, I can’t promise a solution should we get a copy of the theme, but we’d be more than happy to see if any red flags jump out.

Thanks again and keep me posted.

Don
    Participant

Regrettably, I think we’re going to move away from TEC. We’re really only using a fraction of its functionality, and in perf-tuning the site on the new theme, it’s been responsible for up to 60% of our page load time, in addition to the theme conflict. We’re going to switch to something vastly less functional, that’ll be closer to a best-fit for us. Definitely appreciate your offer, though!

Hunter

Hey Don,

I’m sorry to hear the troubles have grown to such heights. If for any reason you change your mind, we are here to try and assist as much as possible. I’ll close this thread out but feel free to open a new one should anything else come up. Best of luck and have a good upcoming weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘3Clicks theme not working’ is closed to new replies.