3 not so nice comments about paid version of Community Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events 3 not so nice comments about paid version of Community Events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Knud K
    Participant

Running latest “The event Calendard” and “Community Events” on a full width page at https://www.fleksjobbernetvaerket.dk/kalender/kalender/tilfoej

1) I’m so dissapointed with the look of this … and It seems to that I cannot do anything about it … all the fields are squeezed and everything is tiny like it has been put into some table …

2) It doesnt seem to be possible to change these fields into a better translated sentenses that they already are

3) and furthermore i just cant belive there are no updates with PDF upload options and more.

The whole idear about making it possible to create user events is good, but you should make it even more efficiant.

thanks
    Knud

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

I agree with all 3 of your points and have the same issues, but hang on in there because The Events Calendar is awesome. I discovered the narrow layout is a theme conflict (I use Genesis with Dynamik child theme). I tried community events with a default WordPress theme and it resolved the layout issue, but I didn’t have a problem before the update. Hopefully the ability to upload pdfs will be added in due course. You can vote for it in the suggest a feature section.

Knud K
    Participant

Dear Sally

Ofcourse it works with the default theme. This is like If you buy a car it will only drive perfect on road 1, but if you choose to drive it on road 3 … the car wont fit in.

i know this is a way of doing capitalism -supply and demand realted, and ofcourse theyt only develop whats hot.
    I just have to reconsider the whole thing when my time is over and the plugin expires – so to speak.
    I need a shoulder to cry on, huh?’

thanks
    Knud

Trisha

Hi Knud!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem. After reading both yours and Sally’s experiences I’ve logged a bug ticket and have marked your ticket ‘Pending Fix’ so that you will get a notice when the fix is in place.

In the meantime you can add this to your themes’ style.css file and it should fix your issue.

@media screen and (min-width:61.5625em) {
    body.tribe_community_edit:not(.search-results) article:not(.type-page) .entry-content {
    margin-right: 0;
    margin-left: 0;
    width: 100%
    }

If you have any trouble with this or have any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out.

We want all of our customers to be super happy with the Events Calendar products and reports like this help us to find bugs and fix them so that can happen!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

I really appreciate that and it has fixed the width issue for me, however, the date pickers are missing for repeat events.

Sally Newcomb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Trisha

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hey there,

We published a Maintenance Release today that includes a number of fixes, including some that should address the issues you reported here.

Check out our release notes for it here to learn more → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-29th-may-2017/

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘3 not so nice comments about paid version of Community Events’ is closed to new replies.