3.7 Venues Breaking Custom Fields via Pods. Bug?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3.7 Venues Breaking Custom Fields via Pods. Bug?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Using Pods I’ve been using a Simple Relationship with Multiple Selects to add information about Venues for use in a site directory. Working great until today when I updated 3.7. All previously saved selections are gone and new saves don’t display on the edit page once it reloads.

Any ideas of what could be causing this conflict?

Casey D

Hello dither,

Thanks for contacting us. We don’t have much information on the PODS plugin (not documented at least) and we haven’t heard anything from other users yet.

It really depends on how PODS is storing the meta data, it seems very robust.

I’m unfamiliar with the PODS verbage. Can you give me some explicit steps, so I can try and reproduce this? PODS is very popular and we want to make sure this is working well.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Daniel
    Participant

Hey Casey,
    To setup a similar scenario with the latest PODS version, WP3.9.2 and Events Pro 3.7, if the admin area:
    -Click “Pods Admin”
    -Click “Add New” then “Extend Existing”
    -Leaving Content type as posts, change Post Type to Tribe Venues
    -Click “Next Step”
    -Now, “Add Field”. Here you can use various types of fields, choose “Relationship”, keeping as “Related to Simple” my text for the choices are as follows:
    eat | Eat
    drink | Drink
    shop | Shop
    art | Art
    business | Trade
    education | Learn

My label is Shop Types is a name of shop_types. Under additional field options I have Selection Type as Multiple Select and have tried various formats but am currently using checkboxes.

Okay, that should be it. I hope y’all can reproduce the problem!

Casey D

Hello dither,

We slightly changed how venues are registered in version 3.7, since users can now filter the label of the CPT to change the name.

I’m not sure if that would have affected your field or not. I would try editing and re-saving the field to see if that fixes anything.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘3.7 Venues Breaking Custom Fields via Pods. Bug?’ is closed to new replies.