3.5 Responsive Views – trying again

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3.5 Responsive Views – trying again

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Fragen

It seems that the responsive views in 3.5 have removed the category class tags from the event. Needless to say this makes CSS that is specific to category classes moot.

See http://tribe.drfragen.info

Lars
    Participant

Yes, this is a great problem now that they were finally sorted for Week view with update 3.5. Please fix this for 3.5.1

Casey
    Participant

Andy & Lars,
    Thanks for the feedback here. I’ve created a ticket for our developers to investigate further, and I’ll let both of you know when I know more. Stay tuned! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Andy & Lars,
    Just an update here to let you know that we’re planning to get this fix into the Next Release of the plugin, but of course unexpected things happen and we can’t ever make any guarantees. 🙂

Andy,
    Feel free to take a look in github and create a pull request if you want to jump in and help!

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Andy Fragen

I’m trying Casey. What I think I need is to add the event’s category to the data-tribejson for each event. Then I could use [[=category]] in my fix. My problem is I’m not to clear on how to add this. I’ve looked at the comment documentation but I’m just not grokking it.

Casey
    Participant

Andy,
    Take a look at this response to @Lars that shows how to create variables and pass them to the Javascript template: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-orgaziner-to-calendar-detail-overlay-part-ii/#post-126875

That might help point you in the right direction for this update. Just let me know if you have more questions, and I’ll help however I can! 😀

Thanks for being awesome!

-Casey-

Andy Fragen

Casey, is there any way that the mobile views can also include tribe-events-event-classes(). That would more cleanly solve the issue. I tried adding it directly to the template but I think we will need to pass the $event as a parameter in this case.

Casey
    Participant

Andy,
    As you saw before, my latest commit into the develop branch should have fixed this. Feel free to pull the code and try it out if you’d like. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Andy Fragen

And the new code works beautifully! I’ve been testing. 😉

Casey
    Participant

Awesome! I’ll go ahead and mark this thread as answered and close it out. As always, feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘3.5 Responsive Views – trying again’ is closed to new replies.